Scraping addon files / imdb info import
I have made my own script that does the following:

1. Opens a share on a remote server
2. Lists all folder within the share and checks if any folder has a "desktop.ini" file inside if so it sets the foldername color red
3. Makes any folder which has a movie inside to display a few extra options "mark, unmark, watched, archive" -> essentialy calls an ASP-script that adds foldername to an SQL-DB and makes a foldericon visible in explorer.exe using desktop.ini files

My Question is if there is any simple way to import/get movieinformation from XBMC, scraper, db or somewhere else?
I got a few ideas, but will any of them work?

1. Use JSON-RPC and ask XBMC for the information using Foldername as parameter (seems to only accept ID?´and I do not have that?)
2. Use XBMC to scrape all folders using plugin://myplugin.video.addon as source?
3. Add the same SMB-path used in the script to XBMC sources and scrape that. Maybe use the information that way? For instanse set script to traverse smb://mediaserver/movies/ and add the same as source in XBMC?
4. Any other ideas how I can easily make this script show information for movies?

Script is here:

http://pastebin.com/jGCpziSA
I tried getting it to scrape an RSS source and had no luck (could browse it, but xbmc would not scrape it and returned a not exist error).

So was wondering about the plugin source and see if that works, or even developing a plugin that is a source, and if it would scrape those files (if the plugin returned urls to the files).

Curious to hear the answers/adivce others have found
Afaik, the only way is to set it info yourself. You can use script.module.metahandlers from the official library to get the information from the tvdb
OK, I will have a look at metahandlers-script. I tried alt.3 but it didn't work as I expected.
Hi... for future reference...

I'm scraping information from TMDB (poster, backdrop, original name, translated name, plot and duration) using PyTMDB3, available from https://github.com/wagnerrp/pytmdb3

Other informations, I have to scrap manually using beautifulsoup, from OMDB, like IMDB Rating, votes, etc..

I tried using metahandlers... but as I'm a silly newbie, it didn't fit on my knowledge... lol

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scraping addon files / imdb info import0