Entry Level XBMC device with Windows
Hi there,

I want to build (or maybe buy) a HTPC which will be mostly used for watching movies from HDD or the LAN. Additionally it needs to support DVB-S since I have heard that the newest XBMC version does also support this. Most of the movies will be from 720p to 1080p but nothing like 3D or gaming is planned so a dedicated GPU will probably not be needed, right?
Remote support would be nice to have but is no necessity. Low power consumption and silent hardware would be great.

Another tiny problem I have is that a lot of the hardware recommendations I found in this forum are not available in germany, therefor I am happy to hear a lot of different recommendations, so that at least one of them might be available Smile

Greets

edit: Oh, what I forgot to mention: It needs to be running Windows because I think flash support is way better in Windows.
Noone?
To answer your DVB-S question - you'll need to run a backend. XBMC has PVR front-ends for a number of back-ends, but the back-end is a separate app.

Think Argus-TV (previously called 4TheRecord) is the main Windows back-end.

Intel integrated gfx have had issues with XBMC+Windows - not sure if they are fixed yet.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Entry Level XBMC device with Windows0