ATV2 probems
Sad 
Hi everyone. My ATV2 is giving me problems. I'm not a tech savi and I can't remember what version of XBMC i installed on it. anyhow, I was on naviX and clicked on a channel to watch, and the atv froze, so I disconnected the power cable then hell came loose. It is untethered.... now whenever i turn it on, i have the rotating circle spinnin in middle of the screen, it keeps spinning then the ATV disconnects, and it does it all over again. spinds-disconnets-spinns then disconnects again... So I did some basic trouble shooting and shut my router off, I was able to then have the main page load... after setting up the internet password, i powered it off using the remote and it started disconnecting then spinning all over again. I tried to connect the ATV2 to my laptop but it is not showing on itunes. Plz advise Smile
Thank you for putting the time reading my post Big Grin
Doesn't sound like an XBMC issue. PM me and I can attempt to help, as I'm guessing your issues are not to be discussed in this forum. Correct me if I'm wrong.
ATV2 is an excellent XBMC box and out performs the R-Pi for general use (Pi can do mpeg2 and vc-1, plus 1080 output, but is slower in the GUI and has some other limitations).

No navi-x discussion allowed on XBMC.org, but I'm betting that's not what caused the issue here.

Re-Jailbreak it using Seas0nPass, use ATV software 5.0.2 and not 5.1.1.
Both devices render the GUI at 720. You ask me how the ATV2 is faster? Because it has a faster processor. I own both AND I'm a member of Team XBMC. What else do you want me to say about it? There are tons of reviews out there from other people if you don't believe me.
(2013-02-17, 21:52)PobjoySpecial Wrote: I don't mean to offend, but running a laggy version of OpenELEC with a slow SD Card can pepper a person's opinion. The fact that you run the GUI at 720p suggests you haven't optimized your Pi.

1) Raspberry Pi at 1080p.

2) ATV2 at 720p.

Neither are perfectly fluid, but how is 2 much faster than 1? Look at the fanart switching speed. It looks much slower to me... and it's in 720p!

Which proves nothing. Just watching youtube videos doesn't tell you what version of XBMC is installed, what add-ons are installed, what protocol the file server is using if they're using MySQL or not, how many videos are in the library, if any background tasks are going on, or any other number of factors that can have a drastic impact on performance.

If you think running the Pi at 1080 is optimized then you clearly don't know what you are talking about. Hell, you clearly don't know what you're talking about if you're trying to argue what device is faster to someone on Team XBMC who watched all this get developed and works along side the people who ported it to both devices, let alone someone who owns both devices, AND you've never owned an ATV2. I've tweaked the living hell out of both devices, and the Pi has never out performed the ATV2 in the GUI.

The only reason I bother replying to you is to make it clear to others reading this that you're full of it. I'd hate to think that this could come up on a search result and someone might actually believe what you said.
(2013-02-17, 19:57)Ned Scott Wrote: Both devices render the GUI at 720. You ask me how the ATV2 is faster? Because it has a faster processor. I own both AND I'm a member of Team XBMC. What else do you want me to say about it? There are tons of reviews out there from other people if you don't believe me.

I might be little out of topic. I apologize for that but I want to replace my ATV 1 with intel's latest NUC with Celeron processor.
Performance wise which will be the best bet? Like faster, smoother, 1080p output and overall performance.
Intel NUC with celeron processor or any other box?
Thank You
Raspberry Pi-B with Raspbmc
i5 iMac 21.5"
Macbook Pro
LG PA75U Projector with 113" DIY screen
iPhone 5S/Kodi
Denon AVR S500BT with Klipsch Reference series 5.1 setup
Amazon Fire TV with SPMC
Asus M004U (Coming Soon)

Guys I am still stuck here...I can access my ATV2 only if I turn off my router. once I am connected to xbmc and i shut her off, my atv goes in constant reboot. any one please?
found a fix. if someone experience this problem plz advise me and i will direct you to a solution. thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATV2 probems0