Multiple paths in a bookmark
dean,

yeah. in guiwindowvideofiles.cpp, add "formatitemlabels();" right above "sortitems(m_vecitems);" underneath where i added the comment on onsort() being removed. (its in updatedir()). that should fix the issue.

i'm at work right now, so if any dev sees this, feel free to commit this change Smile

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
hey thanks kraqh3d - i'm learning slowly Smile that's 2 in 2 days...  :thumbsup:

guiwindowvideofiles.cpp
------------------------
// changed this from onsort() because it was incorrectly selecting
// the wrong item!
formatitemlabels(); <-- add this code @ line 426
sortitems(m_vecitems);
m_viewcontrol.setitems(m_vecitems);

yes, thats right. please confirm that works. (it should. that function sets the text in the right column based on the sort method.)
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
bug confirmed, fix confirmed, commit confirmed.

edit: typos

thanks spiff!
the thumbs are still not working. i picked a movie i havent imdb'd yet and looked it up from within the mb. it found the movie fine, downloaded its plot etc and even downloaded the thumb ( i verified that it was in the imdb folder) yet when you select icon view in the mb it doesnt show the thumb, info on the movie shows the thumb fine.
possibly the hash isnt working right (just guessing)
here is a log of me doing a look up etc..

Quote:01-12-2005 00:01:39 info loading skin file: dialogprogress.xml
01-12-2005 00:01:39 warning kernel32.dll fake function disablethreadlibrarycalls called
01-12-2005 00:01:39 info get url: http://akas.imdb.com/tsearch?title=yojimbo
01-12-2005 00:01:40 info 302 redirected: http://akas.imdb.com/find?q=yojimbo;s=tt
01-12-2005 00:01:41 info loading skin file: dialogselect.xml
01-12-2005 00:01:44 info loading skin file: dialogprogress.xml
01-12-2005 00:01:44 info get url: http://akas.imdb.com/title/tt0055630/
01-12-2005 00:01:45 info get url: http://akas.imdb.com/title/tt0055630/plotsummary
01-12-2005 00:01:47 info imdb number:tt0055630
01-12-2005 00:02:13 info loading skin file: dialogvideoinfo.xml
01-12-2005 00:02:13 info download: http://ia.imdb.com/media/imdb/01/i/44/26/10m.jpg->z:\temp.jpg
01-12-2005 00:02:13 info creating thumb from: z:\temp.jpg as: q:\custom\thumbs\imdb\imdbtt0055630.jpg
01-12-2005 00:02:14 warning kernel32.dll fake function disablethreadlibrarycalls called
01-12-2005 00:02:14 info msg:application transferred too many scanlines
01-12-2005 00:02:14 debug filecurl::close(d00e5e84)
01-12-2005 00:02:37 debug filecurl::close(d00e6c18)
01-12-2005 00:02:49 debug filecurl::close(d00e6370)
01-12-2005 00:02:49 info loading skin file: dialogvideoinfo.xml
01-12-2005 00:02:51 debug filecurl::close(d00e6c1c)
try using a folder.jpg file. that should work. (atleast it works in music.)

i havent had a chance to see why imdb lookups arent working, but its likely related to how they are cached. especially if your looking up items in the root of the multipath bookmark.

1) what are you looking up? a file, or a folder?
2) and what isnt getting the thumb? the folder, or the file?
3) where are these located? at the root of the multipath bookmark, or atleast one folder in?
no problems here as far as im aware! just done exactly the same... thumbs are fine in all views. mind you have deleted my db file recently so maybe thats the solution?
sorry it took a while ..
just done some more testing
it seems that if the media files (avi's) are in the root of the mb then thumbs dont work but if you create a sub directory that has the avi then the thumbs work correctly.
thanks, i figured that was the case. what kind of thumbs are they? "filename.tbn" type? folder.jpg doesnt work from the root of a book, and never did.
i got another issue to report......in my music, i have three smb shares and they all have a folder.jpg but it only shows it for one folder, instead of all.

so have one share for rock as the first share and it shows the folder.jpg for those files but it also has a share for hip hop which is the second but refuses to show the folder.jpg for those files.
@incognegro

are you saying that no folder.jpgs show for folders found in the second and third paths in the bookmark?

please provide some more specific details which describe the paths involved, and a layout of the filesystem showing their location in the overall tree.

and is this specific to only to music?
ok, i just tested in both video and music. i get folder.jpg thumbs for folders which are in the root of the virtual path from all my real paths. i even added brand new ones to ensure they were not cached previously.

remember to re-enable "find remote thumbs".
same issue as senergy. i have a bunch of movies in the root of a multipath bookmark (the multipaths on my pc are d:\movies and e:\movies. i have a bunch of avi's inside both folders.)

imdb lookup works fine but no thumbnail is shown in "icon" view. if you query the movie, the movie information with thumbnail showup.
so, you have something like this:

<bookmark>
<name>movies</name>
<path>smb://server/d-movies-share/</path>
<path>smb://server/e-movies-share/</path>
</bookmark>

yes?

is no thumbnail shown, or is it just the default image? and if i understand you correctly, you do see the image on the movie info screen. correct?

i'll try to recreate this setup on the weekend. i'll move some files around to get a few movies into the root of my bookmark. right now, it only contains folders, and i see the folder.jpg images which are contained in them.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multiple paths in a bookmark0