Dvd + CD reading efficiency, possible dev an app?
i was just wondering if it would be possible for any dev's out there to make an app that could display the xbox drives reading speed, errors in reading / efficiency etc so that we could find out which brands of media each drive really does read the best?

i only just thought of this because i have had a lot of problems with my samsung drive reading lots of different media and eventually decided to have a go with this tweak for the samsung drive as found here

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.p....1162824

after this tweak my drive does indeed seem to be able to read the majority of my dvd-r's better, but it would be great if there was an app you could run on the xbox to display the errors in reading etc then you would know for sure if the tweak was actually improving the reading or not!

could an app for this be made for the xbox? and would anyone care to make one? Smile

cheers

crunchie
crunchie said he'd look at linux live, cause there might be a an existing benchmark for linux, that'd work...
it's easy to make an app that just reads files and records transfer speed, detecting errors is not always so easy as a lot of the time they're corrected by the drive (you get the data but much more slowly). any bad errors would show up pretty quickly as the read would fail.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

please do not post requests/suggestions in the development forum, it's for developers only! moving to the suggestions forum
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dvd + CD reading efficiency, possible dev an app?0