Will not play BluRay Disc
Just updated HTPC to Windows 8 and the latest stable version of Frodo. When I place a DVD into the player, Frodo starts up and the DVD plays as it should. But, when I place a BluRay into the player, it spools up and just for a second a small menu slides onto the screen from the right just above the menu bar and instantly slides back off. The BluRay drive spools down and nothing happens. Even when I click on "Play Disc", nothing happens. When I click on "Eject/Load" under the Play Disc menu option, the drive ejects the disc just fine. Are there any special settings that I need to set up in Frodo to make it work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here is info on system:

RAM: 4GB
CPU: Amd A6-3500 APU with Radeon HD Graphics
GPU: AMG Radeon HD 6530D
XBMC 12.0 Frodo
A/V: Pioneer Elite SC-35
Connection: HDMI v1.4

XBMC Log: <script src="http://pastebin.com/embed_js.php?i=2ceBDk9Q"></script>
I had a look at your posts and you use AnyDVD HD, did you forget to install it here.

Any Microsoft updates that may be needed like Frame Work Packages and/or Microsoft Visual Packages _ XBMC is supposed to install these automatically or at least they did for me, but you do have to give it permission to do so.
Install anydvd hd.
Hey Thanks Guys....Didn"t realize that AnyDVD HD hadn't installed...Downloaded newest version and now all works perfectly. Just one more question. When I start up a BluRay, shouldn"t it start with the BluRay menu? Now it starts with the movie. If there are multiple versions of the movie on the disc, how do I choose which one to use?
XBMC does not support Blu-Ray menu. I'm using TMT5 as external player to play blu-ray disks and isos.
(2013-02-18, 06:17)Maiisoh Wrote: Hey Thanks Guys....Didn"t realize that AnyDVD HD hadn't installed...Downloaded newest version and now all works perfectly. Just one more question. When I start up a BluRay, shouldn"t it start with the BluRay menu? Now it starts with the movie. If there are multiple versions of the movie on the disc, how do I choose which one to use?
This is a screen shot of an ISO movie "Snow White and the Huntsman"

In this case the main play title is 800, that is the longest cut of the movie (the directors cut) and XBMX defaults to the longest file. The second, 801, is the theatrical version, and the rest "select from all titles" are all the cuts on how the movie was made, previews etc. Unfortunately there is no way to know which is which with XBMC, but most people who have it don't care about all that stuff any way.
The third selection "Show Blu-ray menu's, this has been here since Frodo and it doesn't work. Maybe one of the developers can shed some light on what this function is supposed to do, but obviously it doesn't show Blu-ray menu's as they are not supported in XBMC, as mentioned earlier.

As far as TMT5 is concerned, if you're playing ISO's or using AnyDVD HD with it, you need a pre-Cinavia version (.146) if you don't have a product key for TMT5 then you're out of luck as ArcSoft has replaced it with TMT6 and that of course is Cinavia enabled.
The 'Show Blu-ray menus' option starts external player for iso. All other menus starts the xbmc player for iso playback even if you have defined external player for iso files. If you want the other menus also to open external player, then in the external player rules, add bdmv and mpls to ISO player.
(2013-02-18, 19:34)Jeff R 1 Wrote: The third selection "Show Blu-ray menu's, this has been here since Frodo and it doesn't work. Maybe one of the developers can shed some light on what this function is supposed to do, but obviously it doesn't show Blu-ray menu's as they are not supported in XBMC, as mentioned earlier.

The third option 'Show Blu-ray Menu' will attempt to play the Blu-ray menu, Frodo does support some HDMV menus (Non Java), but the support is not that good.
If it can not play the menu it will default to the longest playlist

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Will not play BluRay Disc0