How are media flags determined and added for each file?
Ive seen a few posts about not having media flags for media files until playing a file.

I have this issue, as all my media lives on my NFS server.

My question is how does confluence look up this info? From what i understand it works when you add media to you local drive..

Where is this functionality? - From the posts I've seen, it seems most of them are relating to skins.. so how is this performed?

I'm hoping to figure out the mechanism it uses to look up this info, and how its added for each movie, and perhaps create a script that can perform this action for each movie?

Any and all help is appreciated!
This is not skin-related...
Extracting Meta-Data is core component...
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
Most posts I've seen where skin related... care to point me to where its done in xbmc core?
It has nothing to do with media being either local or remote. As long it's readable, and in a media container XBMC can read and extract metadata from without opening the actual file the flags will show.

Last time i checked ISO is one of the problematic containers that require you to play the actual file before it can extract the data.
Ok I guess the other people I came across could have been using mostly isos also. But I'd still like to figure out where that functionality is?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How are media flags determined and added for each file?0