HTPC that supports DTS-MA *and* comes with a remote that will Just Work with XBMC?
I currently have a Dell Zino HD 410 running Frodo on Win 7 Home Premium. It's fine, except that it doesn't support DTS-MA or TrueHD audio. So I'm toying with the idea of replacing it. (I don't have a need for those codecs just yet, but someday I might want to play discs or files encoded with them, and hence the "toying" with the idea of replacing). Anyway, what I would want is a system that must come with a remote that will Just Work with XBMC (or as close as possible - I really don't want to mess around with keymappings). Ideally small - my current one is maybe 8 inches square, and 2 inches high (about 18cm on a side)

All my storage is on another PC that shares it out over wired gigabit Ethernet, so all this HTPC has to do is play it, it doesn't need a lot of it's own storage. Anything up to Bluray resolution (1920x1080) and any of the hi def audio codecs

I see lots of discussions about building PCs (which I have done, but don't wish to do again, especially not with such a small form factor), but I don't really see recommendations that include built-in remotes. There are lots of nice recommendations, such as various Zota builds, but they don't mention a remote, which for me is a requirement.

I can use remote software on my iPad or Android phone, but I would really, really like it to come with a remote.

Recommendations, anyone?
This one supports HD audio bitstreaming in both Windows and OpenELEC and comes with a remote that just works in XBMC (because it acts as a keyboard/mouse HID). It's a barebones so you'll just need to add an SSD or HDD and there's an option for a BD-ROM if you want one though it'll fit any standard 12.7mm slot-load laptop optical drive. It's 7.75" x 7.75" x 3.15".

There is also a version without the optical slot that's 2.17" tall but it has a small white logo in the lower-left corner. It too comes in both silver and black. It's not shown on the site yet but is available.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HTPC that supports DTS-MA *and* comes with a remote that will Just Work with XBMC?0