XBMC delete/reinstall?
Hi all,
just managed to pick up 2 ATV2 pretty cheap and was pretty happy with the jailbreak process and install of XBMC... (one was a 5.2 which after some reading figured how to downgrade it to 5.0.2, while the other was a 4.4.4 but seasonpass didnt allow it to jailbreak it?)

Anywho... with both of them installed with XBMC and other goodies... I was testing out the capabilities only to find one had issues with Movies and TV shows not showing on the home screen when it was working before... even when I tried to run scan, it doesn't show the "scan in progress" on the top.... 2nd issues I had was when I installed PLEX, and XBMC would not launch... and lastly, all ATV menu disappeared, only showing XBMC and setting option...

All these were solved by re-jailbreaking it using seasonpass....

I am wondering if I have the same problem when I just want to uninstall XBMC and reinstall, is there a command for it? or is it advisable to pretty much just clean off everything and start with a fresh jailbreak?

had one of them working the whole day yesterday flawlessly so hopefully it stays that way (plus GF is very happy with the simple interface now... and she is stealing my ipad now I have XBMC installed on it too... Rofl)
For the plex incompatibility:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=154102

If it only shows some icons in the main menu this is due to non-working internet connection (atv2's have this from time to time when using wifi - reboot fixes it most of the time).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC delete/reinstall?0