allwinner a10 devices (mali400 gpu) 1080p support?
Hi,

I have seen in the wiki that work is being done in allwinner A10 devices
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=All...10_devices

for what I understand, support for mali400 gpu under linux or android is still on the way, so right now these devices still can't play 1080p by hardware. The perfect setup for me would be a mele a2000 or Mini X running linux and being able use the gpu to play HD video Big Grin

Could anyone point me where to follow the development status for these devices?

many thanks in advance.
development is terminated. Forget about Allwinner!
(2013-02-18, 13:47)j1nx Wrote: development is terminated. Forget about Allwinner!

ups.....which is the reason for this?

I thought the mali400 gpu that use these devices are quite common and supporting it in linux and xbmc would add many new devices able to run xbmc and play HD video.

am I wrong? or is there other reason not related to the mali400 gpu? I am really curious about why you say so sharply "forget about allwinner"
The GPU has nothing to do with video processing. the VPU does this, but has bad drivers.
To read the full story why you should "forget about allwinner" read through this topic:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=126995

Good luck.
Allwinner does not accept the help from the developers and community to get their closed source CederX linux library fixed. We have gave them everything for them to get it fixed, hence Gimli even suggested to sign a NDA to fix it for them, FREE OF CHARGE. But NO, they declined, told us they are looking for a developer to fix it (Duh we just gave you a free solution)......

We stepped away. I went the Amlogic way, and I think Gimli moved to exynos and of course his RPi support.

It has been quite since then. No word of Allwinner!

You can do nice things with the Allwinner devices, just not utilizing the VPU, playing videos.
thanks for the clarification j1nx, I understand now Smile

This people from Allwinner doesn't seem too smart. I think having good support from the community for their devices for sure can improve their business and you offered your help, even for free. Really I don't understand....

It is a pain because the allwinner devices seems quite good in price/hardware relation. Anyway I will have to look for a different arm device able to run linux+xbmc+1080p with wifi network.

any suggestion about any other similar device around 100$?
Pivos Xios DS

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
allwinner a10 devices (mali400 gpu) 1080p support?0