OS X Airplay functionality
Dear All,
I have a mac mini (5gen) connected to my receiver (yamaha RX-A2020) over hdmi cable.
system is mountain lion 10.8.2

With xbmc 11 I had no problems in this way.

So, unfortunately the reciever is able to receive airplay connections, too. A nice feature, if the receiver recognize an incoming airplay connectivity, it switches to 'airplay' mode immediately to this input connection. In 'airplay' mode there is an interface on the screen with the current song playing.

When I start xbmc frodo, by loading, my receiver switches the input. Sure, I'm able to switch back to the right input canal, but if I want to start a video, the receiver switches to airplay.

The airplay sound is available in the Mac mini sound interface, but not as standard output device.
I'm also unable to ... delete this sound 'airplay' device.

yeah RTFM but in the manual for the receiver, there is no option to turn off airplay at once.
So I had to setup an local ip on the receiver to disconnect it from the local network.

I don't want to disconnect the macmini from wlan, because of remote possibilities and something like that.

For my opinion xbmc it looks like, by loading that it tries to proof several output possibilities.

Could you help me out to find a way how to just start xbmc without forcing to an airplay connection?
well - yeah, ok fixed it by my own.

working now properly, it was in the hardware sound options a little second menue point to set to hdmi... well - Smile
nice history Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Airplay functionality0