Win Mysql - Restrictions of some content
Hi,

I have a mysql running fine on a Synology NAS. I have several pc's/laptops in the house running of the mysql. My question is, on my son's PC i would like to restrict my database/movies to only 1 specific share containing Cartoons, and not all the other movies. He is 5 years and should not watch horrors etc. Smile

These movies are already "physically" located in a separate folder on the NAS and have its own entry in the Source.xml. like this (<path pathversion="1">smb://DIZNAS/video/HD Movies/</path>) Problem is that the other shares also is showing in "videos/files" and i actually think that it does not matter since it get the info from the mysql anyways.

Is there a way to restrict content on the client when using mysql. or is it possible to run 2 databases and only access the 1 db from my sons pc and both db from the rest of the clients? the ladder still gives me the option to still only change fan-art etc on one db when new content is added.

Rgds
Diz
I see two options but there are probably more using nodes or smartplaylists

1. Set up a profile (wiki) for your son to use. you can then limit the sources that he sees to only include the cartoons
2. Use the <name> tag in advancedsettings.xml (wiki) so that you create a new database which is the only database that can be accessed from your sons PC. Kind of like
Code:
<name>kids_shows</name>
Of course, unless you have access to this database from another PC you will have to update it using your sons PC, so maybe the profile option is easier to manage.
Openelec on ASRock ION 330 / Kodi on Win 7 PC

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mysql - Restrictions of some content0