Feature Request: Menus in place
I would like to have the main menu so that the menu doesn't move at all if there's not too many menu options added. Only the selection would be moving. Same for submenus.

I have only 7 menu options and as all of them can be displayed at the same time on the screen it would be way more practical to only have the selection moving: http://i.imgur.com/OOD5P9z.png

Confluence uses this style menu selection.

This would also be a lot easier for the brain to handle so everyone could use the XBMC more easily.
Goto customize home furniture and select main menu, you can then choose fixed list, you can choose both main menu and sub menu for fixed list.
My Madnox Mods | Nox Version Guide
---------------------------------------------------------------
Movie Logo Requests | Studio Logo Requests
Logo's Made So Far:
(2013-02-19, 00:58)ShadowTek Wrote: Goto customize home furniture and select main menu, you can then choose fixed list, you can choose both main menu and sub menu for fixed list.

That is what I've been using so far, but it's not what I mean. If I choose fixed list the menu still moves around and the selection stays in the center. What I would want is that the menu stays in place but the selection moves around.
@ShadowTek
He means that when you push left/right instead of the entries moving around, the focused item just becomes one over.
(2013-02-19, 00:04)karate kid Wrote: This would also be a lot easier for the brain to handle so everyone could use the XBMC more easily.

That´s not true if you use submenus (which most people do)
changing between main menu and submenu when not centerred looks awkward.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Ok, I understand, yikes lol, yeah agree with Phil on the sub menu part, you would have to change the control from fixedlist I would guess but not sure how as complex as the main menu screen is.

EDIT: Plus wouldn't the sub menu get cut off on the main menu items near the edges of the screen?
My Madnox Mods | Nox Version Guide
---------------------------------------------------------------
Movie Logo Requests | Studio Logo Requests
Logo's Made So Far:
(2013-02-19, 01:09)phil65 Wrote:
(2013-02-19, 00:04)karate kid Wrote: This would also be a lot easier for the brain to handle so everyone could use the XBMC more easily.

This is how the default XBMC skin works. In my opinion it's very easy to navigate submenus in the default skin too.
(2013-02-19, 01:21)karate kid Wrote:
(2013-02-19, 01:09)phil65 Wrote:

This is how the default XBMC skin works. In my opinion it's very easy to navigate submenus in the default skin too.

not really comparable. confluence does have less submenu items than nox so in confluence there is no need to scroll.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
This is going to sound really stupid because I'm a noob to Aeon Nox. How do I change my home menu to be icons like the above picture instead of the default text only design?
(2013-02-19, 01:29)phil65 Wrote:
(2013-02-19, 01:21)karate kid Wrote:
(2013-02-19, 01:09)phil65 Wrote: That´s not true if you use submenus (which most people do)

not really comparable. confluence does have less submenu items than nox so in confluence there is no need to scroll.

There should be an option so that the menu doesn't roll if there is not much stuff in the menus, just like it is done in the Confluence (Modified). If everything fits in the screen the menus should not roll. This option would be very good.

It just looks "stupid" how it's now compared to what I'm after. There's no reason for the menu to move around if everything fits on the screen at once.

By the way with my resolution (1366x768) there can be about 6 submenus with Confluence before the submenu starts rolling and about 3 main menus before main menu starts moving. With Aeon Nox I can fit all 7 main menus at once.

(2013-02-19, 01:41)jmedemar Wrote: This is going to sound really stupid because I'm a noob to Aeon Nox. How do I change my home menu to be icons like the above picture instead of the default text only design?

System -> appearance -> skin -> settings -> customizers -> customize home window furniture (hit enter on the next screen) -> main menu layout (select icons).
(2013-02-19, 01:17)ShadowTek Wrote: EDIT: Plus wouldn't the sub menu get cut off on the main menu items near the edges of the screen?

No. The sub menu starts rolling if there's more stuff in the submenu that can fit the screen.
So from this (mad photoshop skills):

To this:

Also the submenu bar doesn't look that good if you don't have like at least 5 items in there:

It would be good to have the same non rolling option for submenus and the submenu bar should grow in size if you add more submenu items. Now it's huge no matter if you only have one item in there.

Maybe option to choose if submenu is shown in the center of the screen (like in the default skin) or if it's shown below the main menu item.
(2013-02-19, 02:32)karate kid Wrote: It would be good to have the same non rolling option for submenus and the submenu bar should grow in size if you add more submenu items. Now it's huge no matter if you only have one item in there.

won´t be added, you´d have to mod it yourself.
(2013-02-19, 02:35)phil65 Wrote:
(2013-02-19, 02:32)karate kid Wrote: It would be good to have the same non rolling option for submenus and the submenu bar should grow in size if you add more submenu items. Now it's huge no matter if you only have one item in there.

Do you mean that the main menu non rolling option will not be added either or just the submenu? I would be happy to mod it if I had any experience doing it.
(2013-02-19, 02:40)karate kid Wrote:
(2013-02-19, 02:35)phil65 Wrote:

Do you mean that the main menu non rolling option will not be added either or just the submenu? I would be happy to mod it if I had any experience doing it.

probably none of both. will take a look again though.

EDIT: definitely not. not possible without some bigger changes because we´re using a workaround for main menu which requires a fixed focus item.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Feature Request: Menus in place1