"Browse for subtitles..." - Problem with online content
Hi,
i (maybe) found a bug when trying to browse for subtitles while watching online streams (with most addons).
XBMC tries to browse the Stream-URL for subtitles instead of giving me the option to search on my local harddisk. So I have no chance to access the wanted subtitles!
Is there any solution for this? Can xbmc be forced to always start browsing for subtitles at a certain location?

Anyone else has the same problem?

greetings,
asde
Hey did you ever figure out a solution to this problem? I've got exactly the same problem with 12.1. Any help would be appreciated. :-)
(2013-04-28, 06:30)neanderslob Wrote: Hey did you ever figure out a solution to this problem? I've got exactly the same problem with 12.1. Any help would be appreciated. :-)
No, sorry!
I only needed it for tv-series and solved it for me by writing a german subtitle addon that does the job...
Someone asked me to write a general addon to select a subtitle file as a workaround for this problem, but i think this should get fixed in xbmc itself...
Perhaps some users can confirm this as a general bug, so i can open a trac ticket!
(2013-08-03, 17:46)AddonScriptorDE Wrote: Someone asked me to write a general addon to select a subtitle file as a workaround for this problem, but i think this should get fixed in xbmc itself...
Perhaps some users can confirm this as a general bug, so i can open a trac ticket!

problem is that 99,9% of the users use it for pirated content which we do not want anything to do with. so unless there's a legal addon where the same problem exist this is not likely to get fixed
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2013-08-03, 17:48)Martijn Wrote:
(2013-08-03, 17:46)AddonScriptorDE Wrote: Someone asked me to write a general addon to select a subtitle file as a workaround for this problem, but i think this should get fixed in xbmc itself...

problem is that 99,9% of the users use it for pirated content which we do not want anything to do with. so unless there's a legal addon where the same problem exist this is not likely to get fixed
When i noticed this problem, i often watched foreign tvshows with german subtitles. Im not sure which addon was affected. I used FreeCable, Crackle und other legal addons.
But i think i also sometimes noticed this when playing streams directly without any addon.

So, this has nothing to do with pirated content. There is so much legal content available these days...
As said, i dont need it anymore. But maybe other users would like to get this fixed.

Edit: "Pause" could also be used with illegal content! Should it be disabled? Wink
(2013-08-03, 17:48)Martijn Wrote:

Huh? Any online streaming could benefit from this. As long as there are legal video tracks, there can be a demand or subtitles for them.
that's what i said. if some one provided proper legal content examples.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2013-08-04, 00:27)Martijn Wrote: that's what i said. if some one provided proper legal content examples.
It also happens when playing direct http streams without any addon (as mentioned above). For example the famous LEGAL BigBuckBunny Demo Movie...
But there are also a lot of addons available with LEGAL movies, for example "Internet Archive". If you want to watch a movie, you wont be able to browse for subtitles.
Examples accepted? Wink
@Martijn: Maybe you could try it with these examples...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Browse for subtitles..." - Problem with online content0