DRAG & DROP File Manipulation
Brick 
Ever find yourself wanting to drag and drop music/videos into your playlist/queue? Can't believe this doesn't exist? Me neither, how about it? This is a basic user interface feature, come on!!!
Well, XBMC focuses on an interface designed around a remote control. Some skins even disable the use of a mouse (in that it isn't supported and won't work). Maybe there will be some interest in this now because of the interest in touch screen devices, and mouse/touch screen support is pretty much hand in hand. Maybe.
Sounds like a nice step forward.
I am an interface designer/engineer and it seems as though the world is moving very fast trying to catch up with rapidly changing UI designs and technologies. One of my biggest fears is that two of the key attractive points behind XBMC (interface design and ease of use) are starting to lose their attractiveness with the lack of functionality such as basic drag-drop file manipulations. No fault of anyone here, just may have not been a priority, but as you say, touchscreens are the evolution/roadmap.

Hope there is some thought in this direction.

Thanks...... More Power to XBMC!
Keep it fresh...
(2013-03-02, 21:21)Jules Wrote: Keep it fresh...

No point in bumping this after a couple of weeks... it ain't gonna happen that quickly even if someone is already working on it right now. Smile
Nudge nudge...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgMS-8xbEI0

Interesting work!! Keep it going!

& Now >>
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=161155
Very nice!
You can keep an eye on what fice is doing on Github, see https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pulls/Fice
Hi,

my drag&drop branch is pretty much feature complete, but only tested on osx... feedback if it works on other systems, especially on touch devices, would be really welcome. (I made the IOS changes, for the rest you probably need to update the project files).

Unfortunately this won't go in as a whole, since it's a lot of code. Now I need to split it up into smaller PRs. Some groundwork already made it into mainline (nothing that enables drag&drop, but is needed for it to work).

Right now am waiting for this pr to hit mainline. I tried to make PRs for other drag&drop features, but they all ended up to reuse 90% of that PR, so I figured to hold of. No need for team xbmc to review the same code over and over again.
Fice,
Nice work! I hope you are successful bringing a lot of these features to mainline! I think that adding songs to a playlist by simply dragging and dropping them there is simply a necessity. Playlist manipulation (dragging files up or down) is the norm nowadays and I hope XBMC can keep up with the touchscreen interface revolution! I'm currently using re-touched skin (fantastic work by Jezz-X) and having your playlist manipulations would be "KILLER"!!!
Hello Fice or Anyone, I saw your Very cool Drag n Drop feature on Youtube, this is what I really need in KODI for all my video playlists, life would be so much easier. How do I get your feature installed into my KODI 14.2?? Do not even care if still in testing phase etc. Many thanks !!!
Yes it would be so nice, if I could just drop a file on Kodi and it would play it or being able to right click on a file --> play with Kodi. It is such a hassle to always put it in a library folder and update the library.
(2022-11-26, 14:51)ozorfis Wrote: being able to right click on a file --> play with Kodi

You don't say what OS but on Windows you do something very similar.

I am on Windows 10 22H2. First I tried to open a video file with "Kodi.exe" and nothing happened. Then I realised, I had to close Kodi first and then start playback and it works! Thank you very much!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DRAG & DROP File Manipulation1