Win [XBMCSubtitles] not renaming files correctly
Hello there

I just updated to latest version of XBMC 12 yesterday with a clean install.
I have found an issue with XBMC subtitles 3. 9. 4. regarding the renaming procedure for series.

Example: I have "Chicago.Fire.S01E15.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION" folder and the archives are named "chicago.fire.115.720p-dimension.rar"and so forth.
When I looked at it yesterday with XMBC 11. It renamed to "Chicago.Fire.S01E15.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.srt" and when I resume the playback the subtitle got picked up.
When I tested it today with 12 it now gets renamed to "chicago.fire.115.720p-dimension.srt" and the subtitle doesn't get picked up automatically.

Any ideas?

Debug log: xbmc.log

Thanks in advance
This seems to happen when the name of the file inside the archive doesn't match the archives filename.
I have the same problem on Linux. Although, my files have always been renamed by addon to match the archive files.

Seems to me like Frodos subtitle matching has changed. In Eden it was possible for XBMC to find the subtitle if it was named after the archive-files and not the file inside. But now I have to manually rename the subtitle file so it matches the one inside the archive. Perhaps this is something that could be fixed with an option or something?
When movie is archived rename after file inside, not archive.

That is, if it's possible for the addon to know if the file is archived or not. I'm not so good at coding myself so I have no idea really. Smile
So, nothing new about this?
Just installed frodo and I'm having the same issue.

Still no fixes I guess?
I witnessed the same issue, started a thread for it and was refered to this one.
Really hope this will be fixed.
The add-on was indeed naming the srts correctly in old versions (according to video file name not archive names) but not in the current version.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[XBMCSubtitles] not renaming files correctly0