Cross Addon Search Function
I have an idea for an addon that i may try to implement.

I want an addon where if i am in an addon and i do a search, but the search does not come back with the results i am expecting it would give me an option to search through my other addons to see if there are sources available through them that i could use.

For example:

Lets say i want to view StarTrek First Contact and i do a search through Hulu. Hulu comes back with zero results, so i then exit out of that Add-on and enter the Amazon Prime Add-on and do the same search. It comes back with the movie result. Instead of needing to do this, the add-on i am suggesting would do the following. Search for the movie through Hulu, returns no results, BUT has an entry at the bottom that says "search other add-ons". Selecting that will bring up a list of add-ons that are compatible with the Search Add-on, and the user will select one of them. Upon selecting that Add-on a search will automatically be preformed through that add-on for the same term that is used for the hulu search.

The way i would make this work "well" Is i would have a modual that other Addon developers could import into there Addon that would Send the search term to the addon app. The "compatible addons list" would have to be an xml that the Search addon would read. and the Addons that wish to be included on the list would just have to have an entry in the settings of "Add to Global Search Addon".

Do you guys think this will work or be useful? It will be pointless if it is not adopted by other developers, or they don't include the code in their Addons.
Waldo is in the works.
Should be out soon Wink
Well, I'll be damned, that is pretty much exactly what i described. Thank you for the heads up.

Relevant URL I found WALDO

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cross Addon Search Function0