Every New Episode is wrong
Every time a new episode is added to my NAS the Raspberry Pi seems to scan it as X (TV Series), (never even heard of it)

When I refresh the episode it does then put it in the right place, but initially it is wrong.

I just wondered if anyone else had seen a similar problem and how they fixed it.

The only series that does not seem to refresh is The Killing.

I added in another EPGuides.com add-on as I was having another issue to try to find other TV episodes, but I switched back to TVDB.com and now I can't remove it. Not sure if this is a reason it's not working properly anymore.

Thanks
Do you have a drive letter or folder name that is named "X" or similar?
(2013-02-20, 23:26)artrafael Wrote: Do you have a drive letter or folder name that is named "X" or similar?

I did have a USB drive which had a path of X. I have changed the drive letter to T

Thanks
It appears you have "set content" for your entire drive (be it X or T) rather than for your top-level movie folder. If so, open the context menu for your drive, select "Change content" and change the directory content type from "Movies" to "None". When prompted, tell it to refresh your library. Just to be safe, run a "Clean library" (System/Settings > Video > Library). This should remove your existing movie library entries.

Select Videos > Files and locate your top-level movies folder (e.g., a folder named "Movies" or "My Movies" where all your individual movies' folders/files are stored). Set content at this level and specify directory content type as "Movies" and select your movie scraper. Allow it to refresh your library.
(2013-02-21, 01:53)artrafael Wrote: It appears you have "set content" for your entire drive (be it X or T) rather than for your top-level movie folder. If so, open the context menu for your drive, select "Change content" and change the directory content type from "Movies" to "None". When prompted, tell it to refresh your library. Just to be safe, run a "Clean library" (System/Settings > Video > Library). This should remove your existing movie library entries.

Select Videos > Files and locate your top-level movies folder (e.g., a folder named "Movies" or "My Movies" where all your individual movies' folders/files are stored). Set content at this level and specify directory content type as "Movies" and select your movie scraper. Allow it to refresh your library.

Sorry, I had a drive X, but each TV folder or Movie folder are selected individually (and the one that has the new content downloaded to it, is the internal NAS drive)

The scans are set to TVDB.com (Tv series) to get the info and when I scan it once it is wrong, it finds what it was meant to be, it's just another level of sorting that should be automatic.

I will see if just changing the drive letter helps, as I have cleaned the library a few times now..

If not will run scan for a while and see what error logs show.

Thanks
I have a log file that is too large for the log sites recommended in the Wiki,

Obviously not wanting to paste it here, are there any other suggestions

I have sorted out the episodes it thought were series"X" however new episodes coming in are all still filed under this first.

I no longer have a drive letter X

And the folders are to for example T://TV Series (never the top level)

Tomorrow if there are no other suggestions I will try to put the log into a few parts.

Thanks
Tom
"pastebinit -i /storage/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log" doesn't work?

Or just include the first few thousand lines, eg. "head -5000 /storage/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log | pastebinit", or whatever number works as the entire log probably isn't required.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=1207

About Line 692

So I did a search through the code (to make the log smaller) looking for TVDB. Then when I got to a section with X TV Series in it, I went a little bit further on and pasted it all in.

If there is something missing, I am sorry.

I have done as people have mentioned before, cleaned the Database/Library in the settings.

I have gone through and sorted out the TV Shows that were sitting in the folder even after a re-scan. I deleted a few shows that no matter what the name always got put in there.

However it seems like the default for it's scan is to put everything into X TV Series, then when I look at it and do TV Show information > Refresh > From internet not local > it will find the proper show that it is meant to be.

If you then look at line 787 (and down) It's where I navigate to the X TV Series Folder and rescan it and it finds that it is another show and moves it to the right place.

Thanks
Tom

After looking at the log file I think I have worked it out.

thanks to all those who have helped!

I think what is happening is the folder TV Series may be set up as containing 1 show, not sure if I have done that. It then finds TV Series as an item in TVDB.

Will check that out when I am hope next.

Thanks
tom
Your log will be a lot smaller (and more readable) if you just grep out all of that CEC shite.

Code:
grep -v CecLogMessage /storage/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log | pastebinit
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Every New Episode is wrong1