Help - Addon does not have correct structure
Question 
Hi,
I created my first video addon.
It simply goes to a website, fetch video links (mov files).
Trying to install it on xbmc12 and i'm getting "Addon does not have correct structure" error.

zip file name : plugin.video.passioncitychurch.zip

contents : addon.xml , addon.py

addon.xml has :
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<addon id="plugin.video.passioncitychurch" name="Passion City Church Messages Addons" version="1.0.0" provider-name="gbzygil">
  <extension point="xbmc.python.pluginsource" library="addon.py">
    <provides>video</provides>
  </extension>
  <extension point="xbmc.addon.metadata">
    <language></language>
    <platform>all</platform>
    <summary lang="en">XBMC Addon for Passion City Church weekly messages</summary>
    <description lang="en">This addon shows you weekly message videos from Passioncitychurch.com</description>
  </extension>
</addon>

Can someone plz tell me what i am doing wrong?

Thanks....
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<addon id="plugin.video.passioncitychurch" name="Passion City Church Messages Addons" version="1.0.0" provider-name="gbzygil">
  <requires>
    <import addon="xbmc.python" version="2.1.0"/>
  </requires>
  <extension point="xbmc.python.pluginsource" library="addon.py">
    <provides>video</provides>
  </extension>
  <extension point="xbmc.addon.metadata">
    <language></language>
    <platform>all</platform>
    <summary lang="en">XBMC Addon for Passion City Church weekly messages</summary>
    <description lang="en">This addon shows you weekly message videos from Passioncitychurch.com</description>
  </extension>
</addon>
Thanks for your reply.
Still no luck Sad
Tried renaming the zip to : plugin.video.passioncitychurch-1.0.0.zip that didnt help too....
Check /addons/packages/ and remove any zip of your add-on.
Install an XP VM and did the same thing there, and now it gets installed !!! I guess mac was doing something more during compression which xbmc didnt like.
Now more road blocks.
1. Getting script error while trying to run the addon. Where do i see script error logs ? (is it xbmc.log?)
2. I didnt have an icon initially. Uninstalled the addon, added an icon,png, updated the Addon name in the xml and re-installed the addon. Still i do not see the icon \ new script name. (Tried restarting XBMC, no luck). How can i clear the cache ?
Well, i figured out how to enable debugging, setting loglevel and setting icon\fanart.
Thanks
if you wer zipping in mac os it normally creates a

ds.store folder

thats why it wont install

just delete textures.db and addons.db from

userdata/Database
Awesome, that did it. Thanks
Now only if i could figure out how to generate thumbnails for the .mov files that i have scraped out....
HOLY CRAP!!! i actually got it to work. it only took 2 weeks. Folks the end of the world might be coming. Thanks for all the help and for everyones work on the add on. Time for some Predators hockey!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help - Addon does not have correct structure0