Used AUTO Log-File Add-on Whats next?
Been having issues with my ATV1 and I decided that I'd give a complete clean start a try. I will note the following:

1. My ATV1 has a Broadcom 70015 card in it, installed about two weeks ago.
2. Configured a brand-new Patchstick and re-did the ATV to the basic starting point where Frontrow shows the XBMC, followed normal installs/updates.
3. Created a brand-new Crystalbuntu USB stick using a Sandisk 4GB Cruzer.
4. Inserted USB, booted ATV1, waited for an hour or so while everything installed and at the end got the correct screen noting system was now rebooting.
5. ATV1 boots just fine into Crystalbuntu and the XBMC menus.
6. Went to add videos, and did all the normal SMB stuff, found my Media USB drive and all videos showed up.
7. Left it last night updating the library with the basic scraper, came down this morning and all was done.
8. There was a "Connection Timed Out" pop-up.
9. I rebooted, everything looked OK, but when I tried to run a test movie... nothing happened.
10. Used the menu to start the log, and then enabled the auto-load add-on for the log files, entered my email (no response yet).
11. When I go back to the "Movies" tab and click... I get the typical menu. But click on a movie and noting happens, no circular "working" indicator, system not frozen.
12. I went to "Files" tab and when I click on a movie a pop-up appears; Playback Failed - One or more items failed to play. Check log file for details.
13. Not 100% sure on how much of a log file is needed and if I should engage the log file, reboot, and then un-select it after trying to get a movie working?
14. Is there a confirmation that a log file was sent/received/posted?

I'm not exactly sure how to get to the log files thats why I tried the add-on. Its been maybe 30 minutes since I enabled the add-on and sent my email address. I don't know how long this takes, so I'll check back in an hour or two. I'll continue to read and maybe discover how to extract the log file and post it where I'm supposed to. I know its not on the forum.
OK... I have a log file that can be looked at. Hope I got it right.

http://pastebin.com/BfxSpY89
Pastebin link doesn't work. Sorry for the slow response. Still playing catch up due to SCALE.
Couple of quick points:

1. Email notification from xbmclogs.com should be pretty much instant - have seen some instances where it has been wrongly flagged as spam.

2. It sounds more like you might have a core networking issue - i.e you can't play content direct, can't scrape, etc... In this case, the log uploader will fail ;-)

3. Might be worth trying to readd a smb share and confirm you have basic networking first, then uploading the log again.
(2013-02-27, 12:08)Ned Scott Wrote: Pastebin link doesn't work. Sorry for the slow response. Still playing catch up due to SCALE.

No Problem Ned... I have mentioned all this in another thread LINK TO THREAD... had hoped to possibly simplify my problem by stating it here. Probably not a good idea so if you guys want to delete this thread I'll focus on the other one.

(2013-02-27, 14:08)prae5 Wrote: Couple of quick points:

1. Email notification from xbmclogs.com should be pretty much instant - have seen some instances where it has been wrongly flagged as spam.

2. It sounds more like you might have a core networking issue - i.e you can't play content direct, can't scrape, etc... In this case, the log uploader will fail ;-)

3. Might be worth trying to readd a smb share and confirm you have basic networking first, then uploading the log again.

prae5...

A. Checked the Junk folder on my mac... nothing there. Is there a way to verify that the add-on works other than me getting an email? I definitely get emails notifying me of comments to the thread.

B. Strangely enough its been working for 48 hours now without refreshing SMB on the mac. Its just showing files but they are all scraped and look correct.

C. You lost me there... "basic networking?" ATV is playing movies on remote USB drive that is connected to my iMac, ATV is linked via ethernet to the Airport Extreme, and I can browse _other_ folders on the iMac if I wanted to from the ATV and TV screen using the apple remote.

Check my other thread for more history and I'll keep my comments there. Please delete this thread.

Mike

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Used AUTO Log-File Add-on Whats next?0