Intel NUC HTPC
Just build my very first true HTPC.
After getting sick & tired of the limitations in all those mediaplayers, I really wanted to use XBMC to view my media.
Started off with an old laptop that happened to have HDMI. Like this so much that I decided to buy an Intel NUC.
For those not familiar, check this link.

I installed Windows 8 (bit of an overkill, but hey...) and opted for a nice Logitech wireless keyboard (with trackpad).
Topped it off with a HP MCE remote I found on eBay.

Beside a few small issues, it's a great little system!
Issues I have at this moment are solvable, but just to mention them:

- Auto Start XBMC doesn't work great. Seems the app is in the foreground, but somehow the focus is elsewhere, which means I still have to use the mouse/trackpad to switch to it.
- PC seems to come out of standby for no apparent reason. Could have something to do with the way the remote is setup, but effectively it happens too often that I go into standby when I start the activity (with my Logitech Harmony remote). Since the NUC is so quiet, I hardly know what's going to happen Tongue
- Some remote keys are not mapped optimally. Hopefully the MCE addon will help me fix that.

All in all, a great system! Not the cheapest, but powerfull yet quiet and energy efficient. Total package price was about 400 euro (with 64GB SSD & 8 GB 1600 Mhz DDR3 RAM)
Didn't install the Wireless card 'cause I preferr wired connections...

Anyone else have experience with this system they'd like to share?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=136798
XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC HTPC0