XBMC on next gen PS4, Xbox 720?
I know this is far ahead, but since both these consoles are basically pc's - x86 cpu, AMD gpu, can I hope for XBMC to run on them? IMO it would be a great way to gain exposure for XBMC as well as make it available to many more people, and would be going back full circle to the original XBMC ethos Smile

I predict if XBMC is available in either PSN or Live stores, it will quickly become a top 10 download, and most people would be willing to pay for it as well.
With all the ways to cheaply get XBMC:

1. $200 A pretty powerful computer atleast for Media Centers
2. $100 ATV2 type
3. $40-60 RaspberryPI

I doubt people/Devs will go out of there way...

When the old XBOX came along in 2004 the only other option was getting a $600 computer just to have a media center PC plus the old XBOX wasnt as locked down as the new generation. It was kind of a 'stars align' type scenario. But unless the new PS4 or 720 is as easy a hack as the ATV, I doubt it...

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
I was waiting to see how long before a post like this was going to happen, i would suggest reading the first post in 'Feature Suggestions' titled 'Why XBMC for PS3, Wii, or Xbox360 will probably never happen!' as im sure it will apply for the PS4 and Xbox 720

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC on next gen PS4, Xbox 720?0