upgrade to Frodo, file views show no content
hi,

on the surface, my upgrade looks to have gone fine. i have a library of tv shows, movies...
however, when i look at Videos - Files, they show no content types. so if i add "TV Shows" folder (set up as a samba share from a windows home server), it then re-adds all the folders again. so e.g. i then have 2 family guy folders, 2 simpsons folders, etc in my library. One from the upgrade and then the second from me adding in the file view.
i wanted the file view for the tv shows so i can do one "scan for new content" instead of clicking on each show and doing scan for new content.

did something go wrong during upgrade, or am i not getting the big picture about this new version?
i went ahead and deleted one by one each tv show from my library so i could add it in the file view. but i started this to see if it was a problem or did i just waste my time?

version: xbmcbuntu Frodo 12.0 Git:fb595f2, compiled 6/28/13
If you don't see anything in Videos > Files view, then you are missing your source(s) even though they may still be in your library view. Go into Videos > Files > Add videos... to re-add your source location(s) and choose the correct media type/scraper for the location(s).
oh, i think i know what i did wrong the first time. it asks if you want to refresh all info after adding the location. if you click Yes, it will duplicate the library like i explained above. if you click no, it will not refresh, but just make the view active in files.
the answer to this is click no....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
upgrade to Frodo, file views show no content0