Video wall and widgets aren't being displayed
Updated to latest couple of Aeon Nox versions from GIT. When I launch xbmc I'm faced with a black background on movies, I should see my video wall and widgets, this is the same for music and TV shows.

If I go to settings, customize home screen. It loads my video wall also my widgets. If I then close out of customize, its saved.

But if I restart xbmx its good back to missing again.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Resolved. Restarted PC and it solved the issue

N

ITS BACK... WHEN I RESTART XBMC....
Opps, sorry about the caps lock, was on mobile.

So after re-installing XBMC several times, and changing install locations, it has resolved the issue.
Im now worried that updating from GIT will create the same issue again. im now running an old GIT download?

N
Have you simply tried installing the stable 4.0.9 release?
(2013-02-25, 17:09)CutSickAss Wrote: Have you simply tried installing the stable 4.0.9 release?

Yeah... Very odd
This is killing me.
The only way I resolved this was to copy the profile folder in users roaming then re install xbmc.

Yesterday I updated to the latest git and all was good. Today I restarted xbmc and again was confronted to my dead front page. If I customised my home screen in skin settings it's all there, I can cancel out and all my screens are as they should be. But if I restart xbmc it goes missing again

I'm re installing xbmc again but can't keep doing this every time

When I'm confronted with my black front screen I get a few loading boxes I haven't seen before.

I have taken a video which can be seen here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MIBjGHm...ata_player

OK reinstalling didn't work...
Still the blank screen... If I go to customise it is all there and shows my widgets. But when I restart xbmc it is blank again.

Restarting the PC shows my front screen correctly but again restarting xbmc screws it

Any help I'd be very grateful

Thanks nick
I think your PC just can't save a new guisettings.xml file, and is stuck with a problematic one. Perhaps it's a privileges issue, don't know. Try this: go to the Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata folder* and delete guisettings.xml. Open XBMC, it will have reverted to Confluence. Load Aeon Nox as your skin, make all the changes you want, and before you close XBMC, go to the userdata folder again and make a backup of the new guisettings.xml file that was created. If the problem persists, try overwriting the guisettings file with your backup.

* Check the privileges of this folder and guisettings.xml in particular. Maybe you have to change the owner to a different user or something.
Thanks for the reply but I solved it.
It's the TV catch up plugin.. Disabling that solved the issue...
Weird.. Going to post in the plugin thread

Many thanks for the reply!
Nick

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video wall and widgets aren't being displayed0