How to keep server awake during recording?
Hi,

I am using DVBLink on my WHS2011 Server to handle TV and everything is working great except recordings. If a program is on in the middle of the night the server resumes from hibernate and successfully starts recording the program but then hibernates 10 minutes after recording starts? is there a way to keep the server awake for the duration of the program?

Many Thanks
no idea if your backend supports it, but it's something that needs to be implemented on that side, not xbmc
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
Thank You, I have found that Lights-out can monitor the recorded TV Folder for files and keep the server awake as long as there are files in the folder, I can use MCEBuddy to move the files from the recorded TV Folder once the recording has finished but the server will not hibernate as long as there are any files still in the folder. the problem I have now is that there is a thumbnail folder created by XBMC which is preventing the server from hibernating again, is there any way to prevent XBMC from creating the thumbnails?

Many thanks
not for a specific directory afaik
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
I'm having a similar issue, only I'm using Windows Media Center for recordings.

If I set XBMC to hibernate after 10 minutes, the PC will wake up to start recording, but then XBMC will cause it to hibernate again 10 minutes into the show. If XBMC is not running, but I set Windows power management to hibernate after 10 minutes, it wakes up, stays awake for the whole recording, and hibernates after the recording is finished... just as it should. This makes me think it's an XBMC problem, and not Windows or WMC.

Any suggestions? I tried lights out, but XBMC still makes the PC hibernate even if lights out recognizes triggers that should keep it awake.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to keep server awake during recording?0