XBMC Player Suggestions - Possibly Revo L80
Hi Guys,

Is there anyone out there running XBMC on the Acer Revo L80??

I have been running XBMC on my ATV2 for some time now and have decided I need something more stable. I do not mind spending a couple of quid and have been looking at the Acer Revo L80. I have been reading some posts on the net regarding XBMC running on this unit, some people saying its not possible and others saying its AWESOME!! Can anyone shed any light on this and does anyone know of someone that can pre-program the L80 as im not Linux savy??

Basicly I am looking for a unit that will boot directly into XBMC, run smoothly and play 720p+1080p movie files with no issues. I am not looking for a huge, noisy PC tower as the unit will have to be fitted locally beside my lounge TV.

All input apreciated.
Too many question marks around the L80, I am now looking at the R3700.

What system do I need to create a direct boot into XBMC?
I would use openELEC.
I have Openelec on an R3700 and would heartily recommend it.
(2013-02-23, 14:28)Activateav Wrote: Hi Guys,

Is there anyone out there running XBMC on the Acer Revo L80??

I have been running XBMC on my ATV2 for some time now and have decided I need something more stable. I do not mind spending a couple of quid and have been looking at the Acer Revo L80. I have been reading some posts on the net regarding XBMC running on this unit, some people saying its not possible and others saying its AWESOME!! Can anyone shed any light on this and does anyone know of someone that can pre-program the L80 as im not Linux savy??

Basicly I am looking for a unit that will boot directly into XBMC, run smoothly and play 720p+1080p movie files with no issues. I am not looking for a huge, noisy PC tower as the unit will have to be fitted locally beside my lounge TV.

All input apreciated.

I have the Acer revo l80 myself, but with windows 7 OS. I'm really impressed with it especially as it incorporates a bluray drive. I put powerdvd on it for the blurays, but its pretty much full time xbmc. Powerdvd will play downloaded 3d for me - on the rare occasion I come out of xbmc. All of the HD I've thrown at it from xbmc, its handled fluently. 4gb ram on board, so there's no problems there. Choice of bracket for the TV's versa mount or to use as a stand makes it so versatile. I had considered other models, but so glad I made the right choice

I also considered the option of booting directly into xbmc, but for my scenario, I decided to put xbmc into the start up menu, just in case there was a problem and windows would be there in the background

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Player Suggestions - Possibly Revo L800