DLNA problems
I have a windows server box running a home rolled DLNA server.

It works fine with my tv and blu ray as clients. Due to a recent computer shuffle I now have most of a computer that I want to use as an htpc.

So to this end I am demoing various linux solutions for this role. So far I really like XBMC, however I am having a few hiccups.

Videos are listing fine as far as i can tell, however music is problematic.

When I select the audio server from the tv or blu ray client I get a list of parent collections and under each collection are sub collections. For example;

Parent
Album Artist
Album
(list of songs)

So For example if I select Rock
I get a list of Album Artists whose genre is rock. I then select artist and it lists their albums followed by their songs. If I then select an album it shows just a list of songs on the album.

As mentioned this works fine on my tv and blu ray. However on XBMC if I choose an artist the instead of getting the list of albums I just get the song list which makes it really hard to find what I'm looking for as some artists in my catalogue (especially the jazz) have hundreds of songs.

Is there any way I can get XBMC to display the music [/size]

Quick Edit:

On further examination all songs are listed in alphabetical order so when I choose an artist like Bowie I get a list that's mostly unusable because of the same songs recorded on various albums.

Another Edit:
I now also notice that videos are displayed in the wrong order. I have a few tv series served up, and though they appear in the proper order on my tv and blu ray, in XBMC there seems to be no way to order them by episode., instead they are ordered by name alphabetically, and none of the other sort choices include the option to sort on episode number. In all i am sadly disappointed in the upnp support in XBMC as it has many cool features but for the most part browsing and playing from a upnp source seems to be inordinately difficult when with my tv I jut select the source and it's there, in the proper order ready to be played in order.
Is there something I am missing?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DLNA problems0