Pictures: HTPC Heatsink touching PSU
Gelid has a couple of good 3-pin fans, one is 1000RPM and the other one has a temperature sensor. You can't go wrong with Scythe either, especially the low RPM fans like the 1200RPM or 800RPM.
Thanks Dougie.
What do you think of putting the HDD loose like this at the bottom of the case? Any better ideas? I might be able to mount it beside the fan, but it will be sitting loose there as well.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jqoy9dajmmyr7f...645750.jpg
Do you already have something in the 3.5" bay under the optical drive?
As you can see on this picture I have similiar setup:
I'm running this setup now for almost half a year, without any problems so far. Although I don't think my CPU reaches 60 C, I think it stays around 40 C. (I have Intel i3 2125)
(2013-02-24, 22:06)dio_free Wrote: Seems defective. Tried the fan on my gaming rig and it does the same thing.
Defective is an interesting way of putting it. I would say broken, ie you broke it. You can't go around cutting off tabs and randomly connecting things, trying to reverse connectors etc. Your posts make for some crazy reading.

The pinout for the fan headers is clearly given in the manual and if you don't know what that means you should leave well enough alone. Those tabs are specifically to prevent noobs from doing exactly what you've just done.
(2013-02-25, 18:20)voochi Wrote:
(2013-02-24, 22:06)dio_free Wrote: Seems defective. Tried the fan on my gaming rig and it does the same thing.
Defective is an interesting way of putting it. I would say broken, ie you broke it. You can't go around cutting off tabs and randomly connecting things, trying to reverse connectors etc. Your posts make for some crazy reading.

The pinout for the fan headers is clearly given in the manual and if you don't know what that means you should leave well enough alone. Those tabs are specifically to prevent noobs from doing exactly what you've just done.

Very helpful thank you.

(2013-02-25, 12:20)zxz0O0 Wrote: As you can see on this picture I have similiar setup:
I'm running this setup now for almost half a year, without any problems so far. Although I don't think my CPU reaches 60 C, I think it stays around 40 C. (I have Intel i3 2125)

That is reassuring, thanks for posting that! Smile
It is tricky with the space restraints..

(2013-02-25, 08:00)Dougie Fresh Wrote: Do you already have something in the 3.5" bay under the optical drive?

Hey Dougie, I do not.
I tried initially, seemed the obvious course. However, with all the cablage coming out of the PSU I could not push the hdd in far enough. Sad
Is this MI-008 case? If it is, it will help reduce temp to install an 120mm intake case fan in it. Here is a very low dBA case fan for it SilenX EFX-12-15B 120mm Blue LED Effizio Quiet Case Fan.....

I installed BD-ROM and discrete GPU in it, and it never get overheat on me. I rarely turn it off either.....
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Thanks Bluray!
I'm waiting for a new fan which will be slimmer anyway, so it should be easier to fit in. I managed to find another spot for the HDD and everything is going pretty well! Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pictures: HTPC Heatsink touching PSU0