Frodo not sorting into series correctly
Hello people

I have a most curious issue with Top Gear and Frodo 12.0.

I have all of the Top Gear Seasons, and they are placed in the following folder structure:

TvShows/Top Gear/Season XX/Episode XX

I have the TvShow folder added to my library and every other tv show in that folder (+20 of them) is scraped correctly, EXCEPT for Top Gear. When I browse that, it simply shows "All Season", "Season -1" and "Season 7". The "Season -1" contains all of the 130-odd episodes in random order. I have tried the following to combat this issue:

Update library
Clean library
Delete all NFO and TBN files in the TvShow folder and rescan
Delete Videos.db database folder from Appdata/XBMC/userdata/database folder

None of this works, when I rescan the folder it appears the same way yet again.

The files are named as such: "Top Gear - [SeasonxEpisode] - Date".

In 11.0 I had no problems with this naming scheme, and the scraper can find all of the relevant episodes and their info, it just cannot sort them into Series.

Do you guys have any experience with this kind of problem?
This isnt a Frodo issue, its the way TVDB is picking up your show. If your looking for Top Gear US , then you need to name the folder and files to Top Gear (US) or else you will get Top Gear UK Which is seen as Top Gear.

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)
It is Top Gear (UK) and the folder is named just "Top Gear"
Post your debug log after you try to scan it

How do you write the date?

I've just tried these without any problems using thetvdb scraper:

Top Gear - 16x01 - 20110123 [HDTV].mkv
Top Gear - [16x02] - 2011-01-30 [HDTV].mkv
The dates are year.month.date. Shouldn't be a problem according to the naming schemes.
Without a debug log, its hard to help you figure out the problem

This is the only line containing the mention of Top Gear. Seems rather curious that it cannot find any changes in that folder.

22:35:01 T:6268 DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: No (new) information was found in dir \\DATASERVER-PC\Medie\TvShows\Top Gear\
(2013-02-24, 22:13)Picarro Wrote: The dates are year.month.date. Shouldn't be a problem according to the naming schemes.

"Top Gear - 16x03 - 2011.02.06.mkv" and "Top Gear - [16x04] - 2011.02.13.mkv" works fine for me.
How very odd.

I will reinstall my computer - it is due anyways. Lots of small niggles in the system.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frodo not sorting into series correctly0