ATV1 Users In Here: What are you running?
I'm involved in a lot of forums, a couple of which are related to high performance vehicles and one of the threads that gets a lot of views and participation is the one where you list what's under the hood LOL. I thought it would be interesting to see what various users were running and how they rate their setups performance. I'll list my setup and people can follow suit and add/subtract from the list format. This may be very helpful to those of us (I'm on this list) not technically inclined to learn. It also never hurts the community to have dialogue!

ATV/PC HARDWARE:
ATV1: 40GB unit
ATV1 Setup: Using Crystalbuntu USB
ATV1 Mods: Broadcom Crystal Mini-Card 70015, rubber pad removed, stand-off legs lift ATV 1" off surface for airflow.
ATV1 Connection to TV/AVR: HDMI to Yamaha AVR to Mitsubishi 65" DLP
PC System: iMac 24" 2.8GHz/6GB RAM/500GB HDD
PC System OS: Mountain Lion v.10.8.2
Modem: Comcast Cable Modem
Router: Apple Airport Extreme
ATV1 Link: Shielded Ethernet direct to Airport Extreme
Media Source: USB Fantom drive linked to Belkin USB hub
Media File Type Used: I use Handbrake so all media stored in MP4

XBMC SOFTWARE:
SYSTEM: XBMC v.11.0
Video Scraper: TMDB which seems to be doing a great job.
XMBC ADD-Ons: Log File Forwarding App enabled but not working as it never sends me a file as stated.
XBMC Performance: When working its awesome!
XBMC Quirks: Right now, system seems to "lose" SMB connection in overnight powerdown. Fix that seems to work is stop/start SMB.

Other: I have tried openelec and it worked, will be trying it again soon. The first time I ran it off ATV HDD, then I re-patched and ran it off USB. I would like to learn how to add APPs to XBMC. I'm also wondering if streaming from my WD NAS drive would be "better" than USB setup? Lastly... I'd also like to learn how to post log files reliably LOL.
No icefilms discussion allowed: forum rules (wiki)
Sorry Ned... edited that out.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATV1 Users In Here: What are you running?0