Newbie to XBMC with questions
Hello all....I'm a total newbie to XBMC so forgive me if I ask some really stupid questions. I recently bought an Apple Mac Mini (OS X, 16Gb Ram, Intel i5 processor). Been slowly adding movies to my library. Noticed today that when I watch a movie that it starts to stutter and says that it is buffering, I have 3 1Tb and 1 2Tb drives connected to the Mac via a powered usb hub. Have I connected it up wrong, is there something in the settings I should change? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Welcome.

But to tell you if you've connected it wrong, you might like to tell us how you've connected it!

Need (much) more info. Read this
Hi DStu...I have connected the drives to the Mac via a usb powered hub....I've also notice that it only seems to buffer when watching movies.
If you play the files via another media player, VLC for instance, do you still get buffering on the same files? Is it buffering or a data rate problem? USB two is easily fast enough to play HD from, so maybe try a speed test on your external drives. If you transfer the USB files that buffer/stutter, to your internal drive, how do they play? It may just be a process of elimination with your hardware.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Newbie to XBMC with questions0