Is XBMC possible on Logitech Revue (Google TV)
Hi Guru's,
I am trying to find a thread to install XBMC on my new logitech revue device and couldn't find any recent posts... most of them are from 2011 and 2012.

Can somebody tell me whether I can install XBMC on Revue, if so, can you please post the link.

Thank you!
not possible.
Thank you!
Curiously: Is that because GTV is too dissimilar to android? Or lacks ability to install anything out of it's own ecosystem?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2013-02-25, 04:23)nickr Wrote: Curiously: Is that because GTV is too dissimilar to android? Or lacks ability to install anything out of it's own ecosystem?

GTV is not Android Smile
First of all yes it is installable on gtv. Secondly gtv is android get your F'ing facts straight...most apps are in fact installable via the side load es file browser method. To install xbmc on gtv ANDROID 3.1 you must first obtain the apk source and import it into eclipse and remove the device recognition in the main activity and reauth.

(2013-02-25, 06:18)davilla Wrote:
(2013-02-25, 04:23)nickr Wrote: Curiously: Is that because GTV is too dissimilar to android? Or lacks ability to install anything out of it's own ecosystem?

GTV is not Android Smile

You are miss informed
(2013-02-28, 06:21)TheKrimzonGhost Wrote: First of all yes it is installable on gtv. Secondly gtv is android get your F'ing facts straight...most apps are in fact installable via the side load es file browser method. To install xbmc on gtv ANDROID 3.1 you must first obtain the apk source and import it into eclipse and remove the device recognition in the main activity and reauth.

(2013-02-25, 06:18)davilla Wrote:

GTV is not Android Smile

You are miss informed

oh really, pray tell me what libc it uses Smile
(2013-02-28, 06:45)davilla Wrote:
(2013-02-28, 06:21)TheKrimzonGhost Wrote: First of all yes it is installable on gtv. Secondly gtv is android get your F'ing facts straight...most apps are in fact installable via the side load es file browser method. To install xbmc on gtv ANDROID 3.1 you must first obtain the apk source and import it into eclipse and remove the device recognition in the main activity and reauth.

(2013-02-25, 06:18)davilla Wrote: GTV is not Android Smile

You are miss informed

oh really, pray tell me what libc it uses Smile XBMC is not java, it's NativeActivity, and as such needs access to parts of googleTV that are not public. GTV is a hybrid of Android bits and x86 bits. You cannot 'install' XBMC for Android on GTV, it just will not work there.
There is a HUGE difference between an OS and processor architecture I would expect a so called Dev. to know that. You just dont want to admit that that you did a sloppy job of injecting your xml and python libraries into a java form factor...Totally disregarding the point of javas cross device compatibility all together. It really defeats the purpose when you only code for one processors architecture.

Point being learn Java...
Oh and the main activity (NOT THE IMBEDDED ACTIVITY) I believe was something to the tune of splash.java. And its there that the device restrictions lay. It accesses your build.prop to gather device data and then throws up an error if you don't have a device that is in their list. Release it without the device scanner...Whats the worst that will happen force close on some devicesHuh
What architecture will the OUYA be? It seems to me that xbmc is somewhat invested in OUYA and it could be possible that x86 poses some type of threat to your flagship?...
what drugs are you on? You are about the most offensive person I have seen on here.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Woohoo! Thekrimzonghost is going to make XBMC work on my Logitech revue! Praise Jeebus! Time to dust it off that piece of crap and get me a watchin'! Let us know how that goes.
@TheKrimzonGhost, XBMC runs just fine on OUYA Smile It was shown at SCALE.

As far as GTV, put your money where you mouth is please, youtube video or it never happened Smile
(2013-02-28, 08:03)TheKrimzonGhost Wrote: There is a HUGE difference between an OS and processor architecture I would expect a so called Dev. to know that. You just dont want to admit that that you did a sloppy job of injecting your xml and python libraries into a java form factor...Totally disregarding the point of javas cross device compatibility all together. It really defeats the purpose when you only code for one processors architecture.

Point being learn Java...

Eh ? What are you smoking ? I want some Smile

XBMC is C/C++ code, lots of it. About 45 depended libs too. These are also C/C++, lots of it. The only python around is for addons. Have you even looked at https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc ? Do you even know XBMC architecture ?

Learning Java will not help unless you want to re-code hundreds of thousands of line of code, which would take a few years I'm sure.

Oh and also, you are officially warned about disrespecting an XBMC dev. See the forum rules if you want to know what comes next. Have a very nice day.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is XBMC possible on Logitech Revue (Google TV)0