Best Skin to use with mouse control
I wanted recommendation on which skin i could use that has good mouse functionality. I know there is Xeebo (currently using it) but are there others. What i mean by this request is that for instance Xeebo adds a Close menu option at the bottom of each window for example. This is for XBMc on my wife's Pc so she uses the mouse to control it.

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)
I haven't tried all the skins, so take this observation with a grain of salt... I've found the mouse works as expected with Transparency! given the oddity of the slide out menu's in most skins. Putting T! into kiosk mode will ensure most menu's stay hidden.
Technically, any touch-screen oriented skin should work nicely with a mouse (since I'm assuming a screen-touch is treated as a click).

For instance, try the 'Touched' skin, which is popular on iDevices (see http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on:Touched).
I believe all of Jezz_Xs skins are mouse compatible...

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
Thanks guys Smile

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)
I use my mouse as a remote all the time I use Confluence with it and I'm satisfied. The only thing is that sub menu's sometimes ask for more precision then I would like.

By the way I changed a few mousebutton actions like pause and play by mouseclick, fullscreen /window by middleclick, scrolling for volume up/down
(2013-03-01, 17:33)FIBO Wrote: I use my mouse as a remote all the time I use Confluence with it and I'm satisfied. The only thing is that sub menu's sometimes ask for more precision then I would like.

By the way I changed a few mousebutton actions like pause and play by mouseclick, fullscreen /window by middleclick, scrolling for volume up/down

I think I did something wrong editing my keyboard.xml because when I tried to make XBMC pause when clicking on a playing video like MPC or the sort, it just did nothing. May I ask what section you put the <leftclick>Pause</leftclick>?
My issue with using the mouse in XMBC is too many screens need a dedicated Back button, where the right mouse button acts as Close. Then I installed Droid skin which includes the familiar Android-style Back icon on those screens. Just point to it and click. Right mouse button is also better supported for easy navigation.

So try Droid!
for anyone who would like to use a mouse as a remote. This works for me:
Code:
keymap>
  <global>
    <mouse>
      <leftclick>leftclick</leftclick>
      <middleclick>ToggleFullScreen</middleclick>
      <rightclick>rightclick</rightclick>
      <doubleclick>doubleclick</doubleclick>
      <wheeldown>wheeldown</wheeldown>
      <wheelup>wheelup</wheelup>
      <mousedrag>mousedrag</mousedrag>
      <mousemove>mousemove</mousemove>
    </mouse>
  </global>
  <SlideShow>
    <mouse>
      <leftclick>Pause</leftclick>
      <rightclick>PreviousMenu</rightclick>
      <wheelup>PreviousPicture</wheelup>
      <wheeldown>NextPicture</wheeldown>
    </mouse>
  </SlideShow>
  <FullscreenVideo>
    <mouse>
      <mousemove>noop</mousemove>
      <wheeldown>VolumeDown</wheeldown>
      <wheelup>VolumeUp</wheelup>
      <rightclick>select</rightclick>
    </mouse>
  </FullscreenVideo>
</keymap>
(btw, middleclick is click with mousewheel)
I just started to use the PVR function. It doesn't respond to the mouse as I would like . I can't scroll through the EPG eg.
(2014-05-21, 21:22)FIBO Wrote: for anyone who would like to use a mouse as a remote. This works for me:
Code:
keymap>
  <global>
    <mouse>
      <leftclick>leftclick</leftclick>
      <middleclick>ToggleFullScreen</middleclick>
      <rightclick>rightclick</rightclick>
      <doubleclick>doubleclick</doubleclick>
      <wheeldown>wheeldown</wheeldown>
      <wheelup>wheelup</wheelup>
      <mousedrag>mousedrag</mousedrag>
      <mousemove>mousemove</mousemove>
    </mouse>
  </global>
  <SlideShow>
    <mouse>
      <rightclick>PreviousMenu</rightclick>
      <wheelup>PreviousPicture</wheelup>
      <wheeldown>NextPicture</wheeldown>
    </mouse>
  </SlideShow>
  <FullscreenVideo>
    <mouse>
      <mousemove>noop</mousemove>
      <wheeldown>VolumeDown</wheeldown>
      <wheelup>VolumeUp</wheelup>
      <rightclick>select</rightclick>
    </mouse>
  </FullscreenVideo>
</keymap>
(btw, middleclick is click with mousewheel)
I just started to use the PVR function. It doesn't respond to the mouse as I would like . I can't scroll through the EPG eg.

Hey! Thanks!! Is this the keyboard.xml file or a new one? Did you have to edit other values? For instance, wheeldown/wheelup (annoyingly) works as Fast Forward/Rewind, did you have to delete those values anywhere?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best Skin to use with mouse control0