Source paths with shared MySQL library
First off, I'm a XBMC newcomer and, so far, loving it.

I am a technophile with multiple systems throughout my home, mostly running OS X or Linux. To solve the problem of keeping the libraries in sync, I set up my Linux file server (NFS/AFP/SMB) as a MySQL server and configured it to manage my XBMC library. My OS X hosts mount the file server using NFS and thus use an absolute path to access the files but I have one Windows host (Windows 7 Ultimate) that does not comply so easily. I can mount the SMB shares on the Windows host and access the MySQL library but XBMC cannot find the files. I assume this was due to the different file sources. I've tried pathsubsitution in the advanced settings (see example below) but I think that may be barking up the wrong tree (and it didn't work).

Is there an easy way to use a shared MySQL library and different clients of different os types that mount the shared files differently? Can the source prefix for the file path be normalized in a manner that makes the different source paths standardized?

This may not be the best forum for this question; if not, please redirect me.

Thanks!

advancedsettings example
Code:
<pathsubstitution>
  <substitute>
    <from>smb://<Linux Server>/<Server> Samba Movies/</from>
    <to>/opt/<Server>/tree/Movies/</to>
  </substitute>
</pathsubstitution>

Sometimes you just have to type it out... The solution is to reverse the order of pathsubstitution. Since the db already has the path for /opt, just switch the from and to in my example and that fixes the issue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Source paths with shared MySQL library0