• 42(current)
[RELEASE] Steam Launcher - Start Steam Big Picture Mode from within Kodi
Does the keyboard stop working everywhere or just in steam? You could try launching steam outside of Kodi and see if you can use your keyboard then.
(2015-01-24, 00:03)teeedubb Wrote: Does the keyboard stop working everywhere or just in steam? You could try launching steam outside of Kodi and see if you can use your keyboard then.

How do I do that? When I exit Kodi, I get the logon screen. I don't know how to start Steam from there...
If when you exit Kodi you end up at the login screen something isnt right - you should be in the openbox desktop (a black screen that you can right click on to bring up a menu). Do you get any errors when following the guide? Can you select openbox from the login screen (press F11 on a keyboard)?
No, didn't see any error during installation. And when I press F11 on the login screen, a menu appears left above in the screen, but only appears partially and in the wrong resulotion. One of the menus is a language setting and the other is something with "large..."
I tried to login with openbox - openbox and openbox and own password, but I can't login

Tried to set the resolution with xrandr but it says "Can't open display localhost:10.0"
hello

I have a problem i have a media center with Kodibuntu, i have the SteamLauncher and Big picture works very well but wen i try to launch a game the screen goes Black i try the steam big picture in desktop mode and the games run very well any one can help me
Core 2 duo
Nvidia gt 440
4gb ram

tanks
You're most likely not running a window manager. Last few pages of this thread has info on how to check.
Suhely you need to prefix the xrandr command with the display variable so it runs on the correct display, like you did with the wmctrl command to check for a window manager.
@teeedubb - great to see so many different support options you've made for getting to steam

A quick note on in-home-streaming from a Linux client (well from any client) . . . make sure to enable hardware encoding on the server if you have an nvidia GPU. Takes less than 3% of its resources to run NVENC and spit out 1080 @60fps. Couldn't figure out why steamos streaming looked so crappy compared to limelight until I realized that changing the "server" settings for streaming from the client doesn't do the change on the server. Remote accessed the server and ticked the hardware encode box and back to awesome-looking Big Grin

Out of all your setup options I think I like an Ubuntu+steam-session and OE dual boot the best. I think kodibuntu is great and is all a more knowledgeable Linux user would need. For me it is too much to overcome simple hurdles like getting my pulse eight cec adapter to work (and keep working)

In the end I did an Ubuntu USB install and formatted two extra ext partitions after swap (at the end of the free space) then added the mdeslaneur PPA and installed all its packages. Installed OE to the last two ext partitions like the OE dual boot wiki says and updated its grub menu accordingly. Rebooted and chose Ubuntu from grub then enabled the steam desktop. Had to drop into a terminal and install consolekit for all the steam-desktop-session power menu options (like reboot) to work. Reboot and auto logged into steam ddetermine Then edited the grub cfg to use "OpenELEC.tv" as default, updated, rebooted. Everything worked
Now to the question . . . I installed your reboot 2 another OS addon in OE

I thought I configured things correctly. I identified where OE mounts my efi boot partition which contains grub

I thought I could avoid learning and play fast n loose with the config by typing "Ubuntu" into the "Reboot To=" OS since leaving "OpenELEC.tv" as the default in the grub.cfg worked

However this did not work. Running the add-on and selecting yes does reboot to grub but it just stays with the default OE and take me right back to where I started

I'm trying again with numbers. Can I just look at the numbers on the grub menu when it shows up? Ubuntu is listed first and OE is 4th. Or are there commands I need to run to check?

Thanks in advance
You can use numbers but you need to use the older version of the reboot2oos.sh script in the first page of the thread on the OE forums - replace the whole script that is in the addon dir with that one. Be aware that the 1st menu entry is 0, and the 4th entry is 3.
I used the one from the OP, which one was correct?
http://openelec.tv/forum/128-addons/6235...=30#127053
Cool, thanks I'll give that one a shot
v3.1.1 in first post:

Quote: Expand wmctrl check to also check if a window manager is running.
Hello
i solve my problem now i have games running on my kodibuntu i activate the openbox, but now i have a problem with sound sometimes i have sound in bpm but wen i exit to kodibuntu the sound goes off i read the post 238 but i dont now if i use the pulse audio or alsa

any ideias

Quote:nano ~/.asoundrc
give this
Quote:# --auto-generated-- by /etc/kodi/live.d/01-make-asoundrc.sh
# AUTOUPDATE=True # change this to disable updating of this file
pcm.!default {
type plug;
slave.pcm "hdmi:CARD=NVidia,DEV=3";
}

tanks
  • 42(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help