• 38(current)
[RELEASE] Steam Launcher - Start Steam Big Picture Mode from within Kodi
Add pre/post steam scripts via the addons settings.
I have a strange problem I can't seem to pin down.

I use KODI, and steam launcher and an xbox 360 wireless controller. when I launch kodi it is in the kodi shell, then launch steam from kodi. no problems there. Steam launches and I can play games.
When I leave steam, it exits and kodi relaunches. then the problem starts, it seems like my controller is pressing left and it will not let me move right or up or down untill I remove the batteries, and restart the computer.

any one else experience this? this is on a haswell i5 nuc with windows 8.1.

Thanks for any insight. I know it may be KODI and not steam launcher but I don't know where to start.
(2014-12-21, 01:32)whatsinaname Wrote: I have a strange problem I can't seem to pin down.

I use KODI, and steam launcher and an xbox 360 wireless controller. when I launch kodi it is in the kodi shell, then launch steam from kodi. no problems there. Steam launches and I can play games.
When I leave steam, it exits and kodi relaunches. then the problem starts, it seems like my controller is pressing left and it will not let me move right or up or down untill I remove the batteries, and restart the computer.

any one else experience this? this is on a haswell i5 nuc with windows 8.1.

Thanks for any insight. I know it may be KODI and not steam launcher but I don't know where to start.

Same here. It's probably Kodi, because I'm running Kodi RC3 on xbmcbuntu (Utopic Unicorn). No need to reboot my computer though, removing the battery does the trick just fine.
CoreElec on a tn95 (s905x). Onkyo NR-656. Canton Movie CD-1000. LG 55B6V.

If it ain't broke: break it, fix it, repeat
Thanks Raytestrak, I will just keep updating the nightlies and hope for the best. I know its only a release candidate so that bugs are expected. Just glad it isn't just me Smile and probably not steam launcher. but I am liking Kodi so far...
Mate, loving your work! Have this running on XBMCbuntu Gotham on an i3 NUC. The Steam part works just fine, however I'm having some issues with the XBMC + Openbox bit.

Followed the instructions at http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1706466; the bit where we set up the auto login seems to have partially broken things - basically, system boots up and about 70% of the time just ends up at a black screen. XBMC is definitely loaded, as you can hear the menu sounds if you try to navigate around. Just can't see a thing!

But then, reboot the system and /sometimes/ it boots perfectly and seamlessly into XBMC... Any thoughts on troubleshooting this guy? How would I reverse the black screen part on the instructions in the short term?
@Raytestrak @whatsinaname I couldnt reproduce the problem with a wired controller on win8.1 + kubuntu 14.04 or with a wireless controller on ubuntu minimal 14.04, all with Kodi rc3. I have noticed the controller going nuts before, but it happens seldomly so I dont remeber which OS or xbmc/kodi version and moving a stick or trigger and the controller is back to normal. Does the problem happen if kodi is started manually, with either the controller on before kodi is started and with it turned on after kodi has started?

@axis_75 is openbox running when you cant see kodi? The command pidof openbox will show you.
The autostart optons for open box are in the file: $HOME/.config/openbox/autostart.sh , you can comment out the commands that change the background, byt Im not sure if that is your problem.
(2014-12-22, 05:32)teeedubb Wrote: @axis_75 is openbox running when you cant see kodi? The command pidof openbox will show you.
The autostart optons for open box are in the file: $HOME/.config/openbox/autostart.sh , you can comment out the commands that change the background, byt Im not sure if that is your problem.
Thanks mate, will give that crack next time it hangs. Ironically, the last couple of reboots have been fine...

Have been playing Portal 2 today thanks to the current Steam sale - all working beautifully thanks! Now if only there were more Steam games on Linux...
(2014-12-22, 05:32)teeedubb Wrote: @Raytestrak @whatsinaname I couldnt reproduce the problem with a wired controller on win8.1 + kubuntu 14.04 or with a wireless controller on ubuntu minimal 14.04, all with Kodi rc3. I have noticed the controller going nuts before, but it happens seldomly so I dont remeber which OS or xbmc/kodi version and moving a stick or trigger and the controller is back to normal. Does the problem happen if kodi is started manually, with either the controller on before kodi is started and with it turned on after kodi has started?

It doesn't go haywire all the time, I'll try to see if I can determine a pattern. In general, I start turn on my wireless controller after starting steam. I also still sometimes get the blinking light, then I usually reboot and turn it on during the startup of Kodi. I never had the issue on xbmcbuntu 14.04, so I thought it was 14.10, but seeing that a win8.1 also seems to have the 'problem' my guess is still Kodi. For me personally, it isn't an issue since I don't use my controller in Kodi. I always remove the battery after gaming.

OK I spoke too soon, I was able to make the controller go nuts in xbmc 14rc with valves xpad driver by powering up the controller after kodi is already running, but after pressing a button on it it goes back to normal. If you guys can find a pattern and make it reproducible its probably best to file a bug report.

Oh and I have the flashing ring sometimes too,... unloading then reloading the module and the flashing stops - but I don't know why its using the original xpad module on boot. I'm not going to spend much time troubleshooting it because I doubt I'll get any suppkrt from anywhere + hopefully the driver gets mainlined one day soon. In the meantime I'm trying a script in /etc/rc.local to unload and reload the driver which will hopefully workaround the issue, I'll update this post with it once I get home.
This addon together with Ice is not great, but awesome!
Can you tell me what I need to configure with this addon so that Kodi is not closed and restarted, but suspended and resumed using pssuspend?
Platforms: macOS - iOS - OSMC
co-author: Red Bull TV add-on
First of all, thanks for your work ^^ I've just installed kodi v14 and steam launcher v3, when I start the addon i get an error message: "Script failed!: Steam" Have I done something wrong?
@Raytestrak: I havent tested this extensivley but it seems to be working. Put this in /etc/rc.local , dont forget to make rc.local exectuable.
Code:
(until [[ $(lsmod | grep xpad) ]] ; do sleep 1 ; done ; rmmod xpad && modprobe xpad)&

@tripkip Make 2 batch files:
presteam.bat
Code:
c:\PATH\TO\pssuspend.exe Kodi.exe

poststeam.bat
Code:
c:\PATH\TO\pssuspend.exe -r Kodi.exe

And configure the addon to not close xbmc and to run those scripts

@AleHoju Post your kodi.log file.
(2014-12-24, 03:12)teeedubb Wrote: @Raytestrak: I havent tested this extensivley but it seems to be working. Put this in /etc/rc.local , dont forget to make rc.local exectuable.
Code:
(until [[ $(lsmod | grep xpad) ]] ; do sleep 1 ; done ; rmmod xpad && modprobe xpad)&

Thanks, I'll add it. Concerning the haywire controller. For me, it seems to be random. I can turn my controller on on before or during startup of Kodi or after launching Steam and have a screwed up controller ... or not.

@teeedubb xbmclogs.com is down so i'll write the log here.

I think this is the important part:

Code:
18:02:26 T:3556  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
18:02:26 T:3556   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(1, C:\Users\Salón\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.steam.launcher\default.py): the source file to load is "C:\Users\Salón\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.steam.launcher\default.py"
18:02:26 T:3556   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(1, C:\Users\Salón\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.steam.launcher\default.py): setting the Python path to C:\Users\Salón\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.steam.launcher;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\DLLs;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\python27.zip;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\lib\plat-win;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\lib\lib-tk;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\lib\site-packages
18:02:26 T:3556   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(1, C:\Users\Salón\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.steam.launcher\default.py): entering source directory C:\Users\Salón\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.steam.launcher
18:02:26 T:3556   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(1, C:\Users\Salón\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.steam.launcher\default.py): instantiating addon using automatically obtained id of "script.steam.launcher" dependent on version 2.1.0 of the xbmc.python api
18:02:27 T:3556  NOTICE: script.steam.launcher: ****Running Steam-Launcher....
18:02:27 T:3556  NOTICE: script.steam.launcher: running on osAndroid, osOsx, osLinux, osWin: 0 0 0 1
18:02:27 T:3556  NOTICE: script.steam.launcher: usr scripts are set to be checked for updates...
18:02:27 T:3556  NOTICE: script.steam.launcher: usr scripts are not set to be deleted, running version check
18:02:27 T:3556   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeDecodeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 60: ordinal not in range(128)
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Sal?ppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.steam.launcher\default.py", line 340, in <module>
                                                scriptVersionCheck()
                                              File "C:\Users\Sal?ppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.steam.launcher\default.py", line 214, in scriptVersionCheck
                                                usrScriptDir = os.path.join(getAddonDataPath(), 'scripts')
                                              File "C:\Users\Sal?ppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.steam.launcher\default.py", line 55, in getAddonDataPath
                                                log('addon userdata folder does not exist, creating: %s' % path)
                                              File "C:\Users\Sal?ppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.steam.launcher\default.py", line 44, in log
                                                xbmc.log(u'%s: %s' % (scriptid, msg))
                                            UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 60: ordinal not in range(128)
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
18:02:27 T:3556    INFO: Python script stopped

Here is the full log: http://pastebin.com/NDCP9CZ5
Hi! I love this addon, but I have following problem.

I am using Linux Mint with xfce4.
I start kodi and i run Steam Launcher.
Steam Launcher runs fine, after I am done with Steam, I quit it.
System goes back to Kodi, and that is where the problem starts.
Everything works fine, but...
If I try to quit Kodi, nothing happens, that is, screen goes black for a second and then returns again to same menu in Kodi.
If i try to quit it again, screen becomes all scrambled and i can't do anything except kill xfce4 via ssh.

If i try to exit Kodi without launching Steam, all works fine.
If i try to run Steam without Kodi, everything also works fine.
One thing I have also noticed, when i exit Steam, for a brief second i can see Kodi menus, like it was active, but after that i see that Kodi logo and Kodi stats again.
Could it be that there are 2 instances of Kodi running and messing things up?

Anyways, here is my Kodi log file, hope someone can help Smile

http://pastebin.com/u2VnMVik
  • 38(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Steam Launcher - Start Steam Big Picture Mode from within Kodi7