• 51(current)
[RELEASE] Steam Launcher - Start Steam Big Picture Mode from within Kodi
There's no record of the add-on being run in that log.
This will help many people with sound issues I believe. It may have already been reported, but I thought I would post it.

Found a bug. Executing pre and post-steam.sh yields -bash: ./my_script: /bin/bash^M: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

When editing .sh files on windows environment the line endings of the windows environment get carried into ubuntu and causes pre-steam.sh and post-steam.sh scripts to fail.

To fix this issue one could use dos2unix command line utility. dos2unix

dos2unix -k -o pre-steam.sh
dos2unix -k -o post-steam.sh

-- If you are uncomfortable with this. An alternative would be.

You can open up in sublime text editor go to view >> line endings >> Unix. Save the file.
You can open up the files in notepad ++ and go to Edit >> EOL Conversion >> Unix/OSX support. Save the file.

I was editing with notepad and transfering with WinSCP over ssh. You can see if you need to do this by running the pre-steam and post-steam.sh from ssh. If you get the error above you should probably do what I told you.
When following the instructions for Kodibuntu 14 i get an error while trying to copy the Openbox desktop

sudo cp /usr/share/xsessions/hidden/openbox.desktop /usr/share/xsessions/

It returns that the file does not exist. if i go look in the xsessions folder there is no hidden folder. There is an openbox.desktop.dis file as well as a kodi.desktop, xbmc.desktop and xbmcbuntu.desktop.

Do i just copy the openbox.desktop.dis file or why am i missing the hidden folder that should contain the openbox.desktop file?
Something must have changed... Copy or rename openbox.desktop.dis to openbox.desktop to /usr/share/xsessions/
sigh now after rebooting my xbmc doesnt boot.

it throws me to a busybox initramfs prompt.

it says gave up waiting for root device

how do i get my system back now? Its not the drive the system worked for months and i was using it until i rebooted after making all the changes listed in the Kodibuntu post and now it wont boot Sad
Apart from the system update there's nothing in that how to that would affect overall system boot up - and if it was the system update that's out of my control. Boot from a live image (eg kodibuntu) install grub boot repair (might not ne the exact name, but google that term) and run that.
(2015-04-05, 12:55)Blackwatcher Wrote: Hello ,
thank you for your Work. I run your Plugin under Kodi 14.2 on Windows 8.1.
When I launch Steam, Kodi is running in the Background. I have the Option to quit Kodi pulled to "Yes" but Kodi is not shutdown ?

Hello,

I'm having the same issue as above. The log looks like the setting is off (set to 0), but the GUI option for "Quit Kodi" is set to "Yes". I have attached my log.

http://pastebin.com/47fvKUr4

Thank you for your help with this fantastic add-on!!
The add-on uses taskkill to quit kodi, does the following quit kodi when run from a command prompt?

Code:
taskkill /im Kodi.exe
timeout /t 1 && tasklist /nh /fi "imagename eq Kodi.exe" | find /i "Kodi.exe" >nul && (taskkill /f /im Kodi.exe)

Not sure why that wouldn't work, I'd need to try out on a win8.1 system. You could put something that works for you into a pre-steam script and point the add-on to use that (or even add it into the ahk script and recompile it).
Thank you for this amazing addon! I have one very specific request.

Is if possible to include multiple steam locations then choose which one to load?

For example i have 2 steam.exe files

1 loads steam normally (with my game saves)

the other is a modified version on the steam.exe which loads my girlfriends save files (so we dont have to switch windows user accounts)

so i have C:\Program files (x86)\Steam\steam.exe
AND
C:\Modified\GFsteam.exe

It would be awesome if i could choose which one to load

and i can share how i set that up if people are interested? (windows only)

If you can help me i will happily throw a steam game your way Smile
My Kodi / HTPC / Gaming / Tech Channel
If I helped in someway, hit the Like button :)
(2015-05-10, 21:45)teeedubb Wrote: The add-on uses taskkill to quit kodi, does the following quit kodi when run from a command prompt?

Code:
taskkill /im Kodi.exe
timeout /t 1 && tasklist /nh /fi "imagename eq Kodi.exe" | find /i "Kodi.exe" >nul && (taskkill /f /im Kodi.exe)

Not sure why that wouldn't work, I'd need to try out on a win8.1 system. You could put something that works for you into a pre-steam script and point the add-on to use that (or even add it into the ahk script and recompile it).

I took the code you posted above and created a batch file with it. Double-clicking it successfully kills Kodi. I'm thinking it's an elevated permissions issue. I might have to find a "Run As..." or an impersonate or something to fix this.
TheBuz: should be only a few lines, I'll look into it when I have some spare time

Buymeapc: use that bat file as a pre steam script in the addons settings. How exactly are you running kodi? Via Launcher4kodi? As administrator? etc...
I am using Launcher4Kodi, actually. I was wondering if that might be the issue, too. I have its focus off, so I can use this add-on, if that makes any difference. It's got to be a Windows 8.1 thing since I had this exact same setup prior on Windows 7 and everything worked great. The account I'm using is an administrator, but I don't have UAC off.
TheBuz: Add the following to the files contained within the addon:

script.steam.launcher\resources\settings.xml
Add:
Code:
<setting label="50062" id="SteamWin2" type="executable" visible="system.platform.windows" default="C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steam.exe"/>
underneath the line containing:
Code:
<setting label="50062" id="SteamWin" type="executable" visible="system.platform.windows" default="C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steam.exe"/>

script.steam.launcher\default.py
Add:
Code:
        if dialog.yesno('Steam Launcher', 'Select which version of Steam to launch:', yeslabel='Steam A',nolabel='Steam B'):
            steamWin = addon.getSetting("SteamWin").decode("utf-8")
        else:
            steamWin = addon.getSetting("SteamWin2").decode("utf-8")
underneath the line containing:
Code:
        steamlauncher = os.path.join(basePath, 'SteamLauncher-AHK.exe')
Change the title, yes/no dialog to whatever suits you. Note, in default.py indentation is important - before if and else there are 2 tab's (inline with the line under which you instered it) and before steamWin there are 3 tabs. Use something like notepad++ to make the changes.
(2015-05-15, 09:54)teeedubb Wrote: TheBuz: Add the following to the files contained within the addon:

script.steam.launcher\resources\settings.xml
Add:
Code:
<setting label="50062" id="SteamWin2" type="executable" visible="system.platform.windows" default="C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steam.exe"/>

Shouldn't it be:

Code:
<setting label="50062" id="SteamWin2" type="executable" visible="system.platform.windows" default="C:\Modified\GFsteam.exe"/>
CoreElec on a tn95 (s905x). Onkyo NR-656. Canton Movie CD-1000. LG 55B6V.

If it ain't broke: break it, fix it, repeat
You can manually configure the path or set it via the addons gui settings - with that line there is a second entry in the settings for the steam path, that one equals Steam B in the yes/no dialog.
  • 51(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Steam Launcher - Start Steam Big Picture Mode from within Kodi7