[RELEASE] Steam Launcher - Start Steam Big Picture Mode from within Kodi

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
teeedubb Offline
Donor
There's no record of the add-on being run in that log.
find quote
tdhz77 Offline
This will help many people with sound issues I believe. It may have already been reported, but I thought I would post it.

Found a bug. Executing pre and post-steam.sh yields -bash: ./my_script: /bin/bash^M: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

When editing .sh files on windows environment the line endings of the windows environment get carried into ubuntu and causes pre-steam.sh and post-steam.sh scripts to fail.

To fix this issue one could use dos2unix command line utility. dos2unix

dos2unix -k -o pre-steam.sh
dos2unix -k -o post-steam.sh

-- If you are uncomfortable with this. An alternative would be.

You can open up in sublime text editor go to view >> line endings >> Unix. Save the file.
You can open up the files in notepad ++ and go to Edit >> EOL Conversion >> Unix/OSX support. Save the file.

I was editing with notepad and transfering with WinSCP over ssh. You can see if you need to do this by running the pre-steam and post-steam.sh from ssh. If you get the error above you should probably do what I told you.
(This post was last modified: 2015-04-16 03:08 by tdhz77.)
find quote
FuzzeWuzze Offline
When following the instructions for Kodibuntu 14 i get an error while trying to copy the Openbox desktop

sudo cp /usr/share/xsessions/hidden/openbox.desktop /usr/share/xsessions/

It returns that the file does not exist. if i go look in the xsessions folder there is no hidden folder. There is an openbox.desktop.dis file as well as a kodi.desktop, xbmc.desktop and xbmcbuntu.desktop.

Do i just copy the openbox.desktop.dis file or why am i missing the hidden folder that should contain the openbox.desktop file?
find quote
teeedubb Offline
Donor
Something must have changed... Copy or rename openbox.desktop.dis to openbox.desktop to /usr/share/xsessions/
find quote
FuzzeWuzze Offline
sigh now after rebooting my xbmc doesnt boot.

it throws me to a busybox initramfs prompt.

it says gave up waiting for root device

how do i get my system back now? Its not the drive the system worked for months and i was using it until i rebooted after making all the changes listed in the Kodibuntu post and now it wont boot Sad
(This post was last modified: Today 01:22 by FuzzeWuzze.)
find quote
teeedubb Offline
Donor
Apart from the system update there's nothing in that how to that would affect overall system boot up - and if it was the system update that's out of my control. Boot from a live image (eg kodibuntu) install grub boot repair (might not ne the exact name, but google that term) and run that.
find quote