[RELEASE] Steam Launcher - Start Steam Big Picture Mode from within Kodi

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
teeedubb Offline
Donor
I kinda have what you're after - kodi boots to and runs in its own session. If kodi is quit or crashes it simply restarts. Running the steam add-on quits thekodi session and starts a session with openbox and steam bpm ontop, if I exit steam to desktop kodi runs ontop of openbox too - the openbox session is ended when I completely quit steam, then the kodi session is launched. Same goes for a Firefox add-on that I have. Also I have another add-on to launch just the open box desktop with no applications running. See here for more info
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1584693
find quote
mr.sparkle Offline
Fan
Thanks, teeedubb, I'll give that a shot.

What also seems to work is installing the steamos session, making it the default auto login, and then adding kodi as a non-steam game. Dead simple to set up. The only catch is that the mce remote is not set up by default to navigate bpm to get to kodi, something I'll have to look in to. Can you auto start a game lol?
(This post was last modified: Yesterday 05:16 by mr.sparkle.)
find quote
brendansound Online
Followed this guide to a T. Steams working great but now my kodi just goes to sleep all the time. Can be watching TV then poof! No signal... I can then wake it with keyboard and all resumes fine. But I dont typically have keyboard attached so this is not ideal... cant find any power saving settings and kodis power saving settings are disabled.

to add insult to injury my net is down till a tech fixes the line so I have just a phone to try and find a fix.. any ideas are appreciated

Edit: running kodibuntu 15 (followed the kodibuntu guide)
(This post was last modified: Today 10:24 by brendansound.)
find quote
42mind Offline
Hello all, sorry if that was already asked and described, but I cannot find any info how to add Steam to the main screen. Could someone help me to understand how to add games (or Steam) to the main Kodi menu?
I have installed the plugin. Thanks!
find quote
teeedubb Offline
Donor
@brendansound try whats in this post http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2033452

@42mind depends on what skin youre using
find quote
brendansound Online
(Today 13:20)42mind Wrote:  Hello all, sorry if that was already asked and described, but I cannot find any info how to add Steam to the main screen. Could someone help me to understand how to add games (or Steam) to the ma in Kodi menu?
I have installed the plugin. Thanks!

Hey bud, if you're running the default skin you need to go to:
>settings
>Appearence
>Skin

you want the addon shortcuts tab, add steam under programs tab
find quote