• 63(current)
[RELEASE] Steam Launcher - Start Steam Big Picture Mode from within Kodi
(2015-10-29, 20:05)Raytestrak Wrote:
(2015-10-29, 12:35)kirschi Wrote:
(2015-10-26, 03:39)teeedubb Wrote: Configure alsa or pulseaudio to use the desired audio output.

I haven't configured Pulseaudio or Alsa yet, because the audio output is working fine on Kodibuntu. If I'm going to set up either one, will this influence my existing Kodibuntu installation? I'm sorry, this might be a beginner question but I could not find an answer for this.

I'm using pulseaudio (just followed the guide) and it doesn't interfere. Pulse audio is started by the steam launcher and is stopped when I quit steam (pre and post launch scripts).

Ok I'll try it. Thank you Wink
(2015-09-20, 22:06)wolfodeiwolfy Wrote: Hi, when I use steam launcher, steam bigpicture launches but not in fullscreen. I have the windows taskbar and I have to press Alt+tab to enter my steam account (2 accounts are registered on my computer.

How to solve this problem ?

Thanks
I tried to add -fs to steam.exe but now it doesn't work. I don't know why because it has work before.

So now, steam big picture launches not in fullscreen and have to presse alt+tab.

I don't use kodilauncher.
teeedubb, first of all thank you for the nice script.

I am using Steam Launcher+Kodiubuntu 15 +pre/post scripts made by BySimba80 and everything is working except sound. Could you please help me figure out what I need to configure .I am using the default in Kodiubuntu ( ALSA).I get the message in Steam : :Audio settings unavailable. Failed to correct audio service" . Sound in Kodi works fine.
(2015-08-01, 15:24)graff1337 Wrote: The Steam Launcher addon really rocks, it works really well and I love my HTPC a lot more thanks to Steam Launcher. Big Grin

Unfortunately I have some configuration preferences interfering with each other:

- Steam Launcher is configured to minimize Kodi, because to quit Kodi would turn off the TV (CEC).

- Kodi is configured to shutdown after 30mins of idle. Therefore after 30mins ingame, Kodi triggers the shutdown and the machine turns off.

I thought this could be worked around by running a pre- and post-steam script (disable the idle-shutdown before Steam, and enable it post Steam).

The List of built-in functions shows InhibitIdleShutdown(true/false) and AllowIdleShutdown could fit this purpose.

But to me it looks like these functions are not accessible from the JSON-RPC API. There is a namespace Settings (Allows manipulation of Kodi settings), but I can't see any methods listed.

Any idea how I can execute these built-in functions from a pre-/post-steam script?
Is there maybe a better way I can keep the idle-shutdown enabled and still run Steam longer than the idle-shutdown time?

Hi, i looked into it... i couldnt figure out all that json-rpc whack. But long story short i ended up adding 4 lines to the defauls.py located at
...\users\user\appdata\roaming\kodi\addons\script.steam.launcher\

Starting at line 347
Quote:try:
print suspendAudio
log('attempting to launch: %s' % cmd)
print cmd.encode('utf-8')
if suspendAudio == 'true':
xbmc.audioSuspend()
log('Audio suspended')
xbmc.executebuiltin('InhibitIdleShutdown(True)', True)
xbmc.executebuiltin('notification(Idle shutdown, Inhibited)', True)
if quitKodiSetting == '1' and suspendAudio == 'true':
proc_h = subprocess.Popen(cmd.encode(txt_encode), shell=True, close_fds=False)
kodiBusyDialog()
log('Waiting for Steam to exit')
while proc_h.returncode is None:
xbmc.sleep(1000)
proc_h.poll()
log('Start resuming audio....')
xbmc.audioResume()
log('Audio resumed')
xbmc.executebuiltin('InhibitIdleShutdown(False)', True)
xbmc.executebuiltin('notification(Idle shutdown, Uninhibited)', True)

I also added a notification that tells you when it turns on/off

hope that helps Big Grin

BTW. sorry if i did anything wrong, as im new to coding anything in python.
wolfodeiwolfy I think you have something that forces focus on Kodi and when the addon is run there is a small overlap where both kodi and steam are running, steam loses focus because of this. Does this happen when there is a steam update? You could write a pre-steam .bat script to kill kodi before steam starts or a AHK script that waits for the steam bpm window to appear then force focus on steam bpm after X seconds (I'm sure I posted a script that does that in this thread somewhere, but I cant find it now) EDIT found it http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1750759 .

ghebosu looks like pulseaudio isn’t running. You’ll have to troubleshoot to see why it isn’t being started. Is pulseaudio running when steam bpm is? Have you setup the pre/post steam scripts? Are the scripts being run? Can you manually start pulseaudio? etc...

Mysli0210 glad you got it sorted and thanks for sharing how.
teeedubb, I have a problem where if I use the script to launch steam in Big Picture Mode, and close Steam again to boot Kodi, Kodi starts with black bars completely around it.

Going into Kodi to check the display calibration, it already thinks that it's displaying in fullscreen.

The weird thing is that the only thing that fixes it is to turn off the tv, and have it turn on again. Restarting Kodi doesn't work as it keeps the black bars. It seems like the TV has forgotten what the right calibration of fullscreen is when it quits Steam BPM and starts Kodi.

I do use Kodilauncher and Windows, if that matters. Has anyone else ran into this?
Is steam possibly set to a setting that is different to what your pc is set at?
No, it's all set on fullscreen 1080p, both Kodi and Steam.
That's really strange - generally turning the TV off and on messes with open programs. Is the desktop OK when this happens? Does it happen if you start kodi and the add-on without kodi launcher? Have you tried setting a delay before kodi restarts via a post steam script? Also does resetting your GPU via devcon help? You may need to do that via a post steam script... http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=377767
This plugin is awesome for steam.
I use Kodi with WASAPI to my Receiver for both standard audio and pass trough streams.
I like to listen to FLAC audio, WASAPI gives me the best sound quality.
Als for live TV it's more stable when changing channels with WASAPI.

Because Steam Launcher perfectly close the Audio Stream and Quit KODI before it launch KODI, sound is not locked for Steam.
I want to do the same with an Windows Metro App (RTL XL).
I am able to start it with Advanced Launcher, with MetroLauncher from www.itsjustwhatever.com, or just drag the Metro Tile to an folder (Possible in Windows 10) to create an shortcut and link that shortcut with Advanced Launcher.
But The problem is that Advanced Launcher not Quit Kodi so the Audio is locked by KODI.

I am not new at scripting but i am curious what command lines I need to use to do the same as Steam Launcher to do the same with this Metro App.
Or maybe it's better to just stop the audio stream in KODI before the App start, because it's easy to switch back to KODI with Windows 10 in Tablet modus and App icons visible in the Taskbar.
Somebody can help me with the right commands?

If someone create an plugin who can launch Windows Metro Apps (Just think about, Deezer, Netflix, etc...) that would be so awesome!
The uncompiled script is bundled with the add-on and is on git hub too (link in first post). Looking at the metro launcher you'd need to add a line to kill kodi (line with taskkill in my script), a method to detect the metro app is running and restarting kodi (use the ahk function Run). I'm not familiar with metro apps, but you could try the ahk function RunWait which waits for the process to exit before continuing with the script, or WinWaitClose which waits for a window to be closed before continuing.
This is the best plugin ever!
I just had some issue's with the script running tough Sad

I first set up a .bat file so that my hue lights changed color when steam started;
This worked like a charm, but after that I wanted to go to the next step
and wake my remote machine for steam streaming services to be available.

The second bat file that uses the 'wake me on lan' tool gives an error in Kodi,
The lights switches colors but the remote machine does not start,

When i run the bat file seperatly, everything works fine....

I'm out of luck here Sad

bat 1 (working)
Quote:Hue lights 1 on & hue lights 1,2 0900FF & hue lights 3 CD00FF & hue lights all =255

bat 2 (not working)
Quote:wakemeonlan.exe /wakeup 192.168.0.12 & Hue lights 1 on & hue lights 1,2 0900FF & hue lights 3 CD00FF & hue lights all =255

Anyone who knows enough of these things.. Driving me crazy here Big Grin
Try using pull paths in the bat file
Hey first of all thanks for that great addon and guide. Before this approach I had openelec and steamos in dual boot. Have been looking for a all in one solution (Kodi + Steam + Emulation) since a week and tried different things. I dont want to run windows and this one is so far the best solution and it would be so awesome if it works.

I have an intel NUC D34010WYK with Kodibuntu 14 i386. (32bit because id like to run pcsx2 too, couldnt get it working on 64bit. I'm still a linux beginner..)

I used libva1_1.6.2-1_i386.deb and i965-va-driver_1.6.2-1_i386.deb

I had the issue too with the audio. (No audio in steam but audio in Kodi)

What methos suggested didnt fix it for me.
Code:
load-module module-alsa-sink device=hw:0,3

I had to use in the pulse config.
Code:
load-module module-alsa-source device=hw:0,3

Now I have the same issue what Raytestrak had. I have audio in steam but no audio when I stream a game from my Windows-PC.
Did i fuck up with the VAAPI Intel Drivers? vainfo returns a few <unkown profiles>

Im still a beginner here. Would love to get it working.

Edit: just installed a steam linux game locally on the NUC and unfortunately there is also no sound ingame. funny that the sound works in steam BPM Sad
I found the culprit.
In pre-steam.sh I didn't add my user name...
changed module-alsa-source back to -sink. and now it works perfectly! best christmas ever Big Grin

Also I used this guide. which is a bit different but it worked:
https://gist.github.com/SierraNL/8837b787bb0905a709d0
  • 63(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Steam Launcher - Start Steam Big Picture Mode from within Kodi7