• 65(current)
[RELEASE] Steam Launcher - Start Steam Big Picture Mode from within Kodi
Can this be run on Openelec, specifically on a Chromebox where chromeos has been removed? Thanks!
If Steam is available on OE, then yes.
(2016-01-24, 09:40)teeedubb Wrote: If Steam is available on OE, then yes.

I thought Steam on OE didn't work because it doesn't have a window manager. That's why I switched to Kodibuntu.
CoreElec on a tn95 (s905x). Onkyo NR-656. Canton Movie CD-1000. LG 55B6V.

If it ain't broke: break it, fix it, repeat
(2016-01-24, 09:40)teeedubb Wrote: If Steam is available on OE, then yes.

Can you point me in the direction of how one might do this? Never been able to find anything.
I don't if or how, but because OE runs on Linux, if Steam is available then the add-on will work.
New version, 3.1.3, in first post and repo:
Quote:Updated SteamLauncher-AHK to work with BPM's new option 'Minimise'. Script will also send the 'ESC' button input once BPM is active if BPM was previously active, to exit the power menu and return to the main menu. (Windows only)
I suppose it's possible to modify the ahks to run any program other than Steam? Would be useful for integration with different frontends. Call different program and customize the scripts to suit it.

It's been a long time since I used this addon but it worked pretty much flawlessly, good job. Smile
Yeah you can modify the ahk (plus other bits and pieces so it wont conflict with this addon) to launch something else, but its pretty easy to make a basic add-on to launch a frontend

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2241...uncher.zip

I've got others for RetroFE, internet explorer, texture cache maintenance, running the windows shell etc I can zip up and pm you the link.
(2016-01-25, 09:02)teeedubb Wrote: I don't if or how, but because OE runs on Linux, if Steam is available then the add-on will work.

It's not, actually. OpenELEC lacks some libraries Steam needs. Best bet is to just install Ubuntu or one of its variants.
Hi. I'm getting the following error on trying to launch...

Code:
./steam-launch.sh: /bin/bash^M: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

Just installed repo and then latest add-on. Delete and update user scripts on too...

Ubuntu 14.04

Thanks
A
(2016-02-05, 16:02)woZa Wrote: Hi. I'm getting the following error on trying to launch...

Code:
./steam-launch.sh: /bin/bash^M: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

Just installed repo and then latest add-on. Delete and update user scripts on too...

Ubuntu 14.04

Thanks
A

Just ran the script through dos2unix and it now works ok...
A
Looks like Steam streaming now supporting 5.1 stereo. I assume that means we'll have to update our acoundrc to use 6 channels to benefit. I tried using 6 channels, but sometimes my sound is crunchy. Never found an optimal setting. This one works the best so far though.

Code:
# --auto-generated-- by /etc/kodi/live.d/01-make-asoundrc.sh
# AUTOUPDATE=True  # change this to disable updating of this file
pcm.dsp {
   type plug
   slave.pcm "dmixer"
}

pcm.dsp0 {
   type plug
   slave.pcm "dmixer"
}

pcm.!default {
   type plug;
   slave.pcm "dmixer";
}

ctl.!default {
   type hw
   card 0
}

pcm.dmixer {
   type dmix;
   ipc_key 1024;
   ipc_key_add_uid false;
   ipc_perm 0660;
   slave {
      pcm "hw:CARD=NVidia,DEV=9";
      format S16_LE;
      channels 6;
      rate 48000;
      period_time 0;
      period_size 1088; # 32-2720 / 1088 or 1024
      buffer_size 5440; # 64-5440 / 5440 or 5120
      periods 4;
   }
}
@teeedubb: thanks so much for this brilliant launcher! I use it almost everyday on my main Kodi machine to stream Steam on my couch tv Smile
I have one little problem with it, whenever I launch steam (steam isn't running, because I always exit steam rather than minimize it) with your launcher, kodi will disappear and Steam big screen mode splash screen will play for a second and I'll be dumped in Win 8.1's start screen. Then I have to scramble for the keyboard, hit 'esc' to get back to Steam...

I have tried this with steam minimized and off, with launcher4kodi's 'always maintain focus' option enabled and disabled, but it's always the same behaviour. What am I missing?

Thanks.
(2016-02-05, 18:41)LeoS Wrote: @teeedubb: thanks so much for this brilliant launcher! I use it almost everyday on my main Kodi machine to stream Steam on my couch tv Smile
I have one little problem with it, whenever I launch steam (steam isn't running, because I always exit steam rather than minimize it) with your launcher, kodi will disappear and Steam big screen mode splash screen will play for a second and I'll be dumped in Win 8.1's start screen. Then I have to scramble for the keyboard, hit 'esc' to get back to Steam...

I have tried this with steam minimized and off, with launcher4kodi's 'always maintain focus' option enabled and disabled, but it's always the same behaviour. What am I missing?

Thanks.

A few people and reported this, and from memory they were all on win8. I couldn't reproduce the problem on my win8 system so I'm not sure what's causing it. The add-on it self forces focus on steam and kodi when they are detected, which is even more puzzling.

You can try this to force focus on steam for xlX seconds after it starts

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1750759
(2016-02-06, 06:28)teeedubb Wrote: A few people and reported this, and from memory they were all on win8. I couldn't reproduce the problem on my win8 system so I'm not sure what's causing it. The add-on it self forces focus on steam and kodi when they are detected, which is even more puzzling.

You can try this to force focus on steam for xlX seconds after it starts

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1750759

Thanks man! The ahk script works for me by pulling focus back to Steam if/when the Windows Start Screen showed up... not as smoooth as without that interruption, but at least I don't have to look for my wireless keyboard just to get the 'esc' key now Smile

Will consider moving to Win 10 to avoid all this...
  • 65(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Steam Launcher - Start Steam Big Picture Mode from within Kodi7