• 73(current)
[RELEASE] Steam Launcher - Start Steam Big Picture Mode from within Kodi
@lazyboy0172 1 you can run scripts in the background and make them wait for kodi to close by calling them from the pre-steam bat. Make another bat file with something like this.
2 You can disable minimising by commenting out this line. Don't forget to recompile the AHK file. But its a good idea, and I'll add a 'just launch steam' option.

@tr0janman697 read a few posts up, same issue. Its a kodi UWP bug - the addon uses kodi's special protocols to grab the correct paths, so kodi is providing the wrong directory. Have you tried what I suggested above or posted a ticket on kodi's bug tracker?
I just tried this addon(on ubuntu 16.04) because i wanted to attempt some in-home-streaming from my main rig.
I checked the default paths, both kodi and steam are in /usr/bin/ as the script defaults to, but i get "FIle does not exist" for /usr/bin/steam which is thoroughly confusing me.

What can i do to fix this ?
Post a debug log (wiki) and the output of

Code:
which steam ; which kodi
(2017-01-02, 05:14)teeedubb Wrote: Post a debug log (wiki) and the output of

Code:
which steam ; which kodi

Thanks!

i changed the path to /usr/games/steam instead and that worked, the weird thing is that it's also present in /usr/bin/ but it doesnt work if i launch it from there.

Happy new year Smile
How do I get Steam side loaded and working on Amazon Fire TV Stick?
Works this addon also with LibreElec and Pi3?
(2017-01-15, 06:43)RHouts Wrote: How do I get Steam side loaded and working on Amazon Fire TV Stick?

(2017-01-20, 15:21)MiSeRy Wrote: Works this addon also with LibreElec and Pi3?
Steam is x86 only at the moment (not counting Steam Link), so, no, it's not possible
Hi,
I tried to run the Steam Launcher with Krypton and now with Leia 18 Alpha on Lubuntu.
When i start the Launcher its not working and I get an error notification. But no entries are written in the error logs. How should I proceed to find the problem?
Post a debug log (wiki) file of the error occurring.
Oh, the debug message occured only with advanced debug options. Here is the event when I try to start Steam Launcher:
http://pastebin.com/7bN6VJ7n
DEBUG: script.steam.launcher: ERROR: A window manager is NOT running - unless you are using the SteamOS compositor Steam BPM needs a windows manager. If you are using the SteamOS compositor disable the addon option "Check for program wmctrl"

Do you have a window manager running?
Using the Windows Store version of kodi 17.0 I got the addon to start by placing a junction in "Roaming" that links to the real folder.

Steam however says "Steam registry not writeable". I can ignore that or let it attempt to repair it. A repair does nothing and ignoring it leads to a somewhat strange steam big picture window where resolutions and settings are missing...
Hi, do you have any plan to update the addon to work with the store version of Kodi 17 out of the box ?
Otherwise what is the best solution to make it work ?
Last question, do you plan to have the addon in the Kodi repo (I know I could add your repo) ?

Anyway, thanks for all your work, I love this addon Big Grin
To restart the store version of kodi ceate a batch file called kodi-store.bat and put the following in it:

Code:
c:\windows\explorer.exe shell:AppsFolder\XBMCFoundation.Kodi_4n2hpmxwrvr6p!Kodi

Now in the addons settings point the kodi location to that batch file (pretty sure that command will work on all systems).

Working well here. Let me know if it works for you, because if that command is consistent across all systems I can include it in the addon.
If its still not working can you guys post detailed info and debug log (wiki) as to what is not working with the store version of kodi (pm the link to the logs if you like)
Thanks teeedubb.

I have tried yesterday, here is the result:
- the batch file is working as expected (when I run it Kodi restarts),
- I have updated the plugin from your repo and added the link to the batch file for restart Kodi Under the addon settings.
- Now I don't have the error anymore when I close the addon setting page,
- However the problem I am facing now is when I start the addon, nothings happen (I can see Kodi is trying to load the addon but that's it) Big picture do not start.

I will try again tonight and post the debug.
  • 73(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Steam Launcher - Start Steam Big Picture Mode from within Kodi7