• 74(current)
[RELEASE] Steam Launcher - Start Steam Big Picture Mode from within Kodi
Unfortunately this addon in its current state will never get into the official repo as it contains a executable file (a pre-compiled AHK script) which is against the official repo rules. I have thought about making a version that doesn't include the pre-compiled AHK script, but that would require the user to have AHK installed, but that would require a similar level of user interaction as installing my repo, so I don't see the point.

I have uploaded to the addon to uRepo which seems like a middle ground between the official repo and my personal repo.
Using your repo still works, right?
I make set posters! (I also take requests)
(2017-02-10, 11:57)HediSIX Wrote: Thanks teeedubb.

I have tried yesterday, here is the result:
- the batch file is working as expected (when I run it Kodi restarts),
- I have updated the plugin from your repo and added the link to the batch file for restart Kodi Under the addon settings.
- Now I don't have the error anymore when I close the addon setting page,
- However the problem I am facing now is when I start the addon, nothings happen (I can see Kodi is trying to load the addon but that's it) Big picture do not start.

I will try again tonight and post the debug.

+1
I'm also seeing nothing happen when launching the app. I think these lines in the error log are relevant?

ERROR: Control 61 in window 10147 has been asked to focus, but it can't
WARNING: Attempt to use invalid handle -1
WARNING: Previous line repeats 2 times.
ERROR: Control 61 in window 10147 has been asked to focus, but it can't

also, this launcher is eerily similar to the BigBox launcher (down to the same types of options menu).
I've found a solution that doesn't require this plugin, http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=287826 works as well. I have a batch file I tell it to execute: "C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe" -start steam://open/bigpicture" and it launches Steam in BPM if Steam isn't running in the background ; if it is, BPM is put in the foreground.
Its similar because the user that created the BigBox launcher used the SteamAddon as their baseline essentially. They admitted as much over in the LaunchBox forums.
@Dragen yeah my repo will still be the main source. uRepo seems like a nice middle ground between the official repo and my personal repo.

@all thanks to @HediSIX we have been able to work out what the issue is and why we were seeing discrepancies (xbmc.translatepath doesnt work properly in Kodi UWP + the kod userdata folder location depends on how kodi was originally installed). I have begun updating the addon to work with Kodi UWP, but I have been busy with other stuff. In the meantime you can copy the scripts from the Kodi UWP userdata location to the downloaded Kodi userdata location (thats where kodi UWP resolves its userdata folder as being):

Code:
xcopy %LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\XBMCFoundation.Kodi_4n2hpmxwrvr6p\LocalCache\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.steam.launcher\resources\scripts %APPDATA%\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\script.steam.launcher\scripts

And use the batch file in this post to launch Kodi.

@sherl0k that will launch Steam, but it will simply run it ontop of kodi, which has given me troubles in the past - kodi accepting controller inputs and focus issues when bmp is exited.
(2017-02-18, 01:05)teeedubb Wrote: @Dragen yeah my repo will still be the main source. uRepo seems like a nice middle ground between the official repo and my personal repo.

@all thanks to @HediSIX we have been able to work out what the issue is and why we were seeing discrepancies (xbmc.translatepath doesnt work properly in Kodi UWP + the kod userdata folder location depends on how kodi was originally installed). I have begun updating the addon to work with Kodi UWP, but I have been busy with other stuff. In the meantime you can copy the scripts from the Kodi UWP userdata location to the downloaded Kodi userdata location (thats where kodi UWP resolves its userdata folder as being):

Code:
xcopy %LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\XBMCFoundation.Kodi_4n2hpmxwrvr6p\LocalCache\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.steam.launcher\resources\scripts %APPDATA%\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\script.steam.launcher\scripts

And use the batch file in this post to launch Kodi.

@sherl0k that will launch Steam, but it will simply run it ontop of kodi, which has given me troubles in the past - kodi accepting controller inputs and focus issues when bmp is exited.

I'm sorry but where do i put this script?
The command above is run in windows command prompt. the bat file can go anywhere, you just need to choose it as the kodi executable in the addon settings.
script.steam.launcher-3.2.0 in first post
Quote:Option to use custom directory for scripts
Clean up settings.xml + language files
Option to not minimise kodi when not quitting kodi
Fix ahk detection of steam verifying/updating window in windows
Added additional addon artwork
Change timeout to force kill kodi from 1 second to 5 seconds in all scripts
Move python code to a module

Kodi UWP users need to enable the 'Custom Scripts Folder' option and point the addon to the folder to use. Also create a .bat file to launch Kodi UWP and set the addon to use it instead of the kodi.exe.

kodi.bat
Code:
c:\windows\explorer.exe shell:AppsFolder\XBMCFoundation.Kodi_4n2hpmxwrvr6p!Kodi
v3.2.1 in first post
Quote:Fix launching of non store kodi

Kodi UWP users need to enable the 'Custom Scripts Folder' option and point the addon to the folder to use. Also configure the addon to use kodi-ms-store-launcher.exe for launching Kodi. You can use use the batch file in I the post above instead of the exe, though a terminal window will pop up for a bit.
How hard would it be to change the unix part of the addon to work with processes that are not steam? Like, chrome, for examples.
This addon makes the transition to Steam look pretty seamless, which other addons (like Chrome launcher) fail to do
This doesn't work for me. It says "ERROR! Check log file." but there are no changes to the log file when I try to launch Steam.

I'm using UbuntuMate 16.04
I already changed the path to steam
Post the debug log (wiki)

@halfer yes it is possible.
(2017-03-03, 23:44)teeedubb Wrote: Post the debug log (wiki)

@halfer yes it is possible.

Thanks for the tip. I checked the debug logs and it said that wmctrl was not installed. I installed it and now it works. From the first post I thought that it should be already installed. Anyways, you should add it to the error message Wink
Thanks
  • 74(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Steam Launcher - Start Steam Big Picture Mode from within Kodi7