Win A couple of problems, need help
Hello everyone,
i'm posting about some problems i have while using xbmc frodo under windows.

The first is about database (or that's what i'm suppose): i have a tv-show (Spartacus), which is correctly parsed by xbmc, with this structure:

Spartacus (folder)
---> Season 1 (folder)
---> Spartacus.S01E01.mkv (file)

The problem is that xbmc duplicates the list while opening it, so i have 2x of each episode on tv-show section. Spartacus section and season section is ok, only episodes are duplicated.
Yesterday i've tryed a refresh, and result is that now i have everything 3x instead of 2x ... Confused

///
Second problem, it's about DTS-HD: i have files with DTS-HD , but when i start them under xbmc the video goes faster (seems 2x speed), and there's no audio.
If i play the same video on windows under VLC, it goes fluid with clear sound.

I've set all options under system --> audio settings, and i've set the passtrough device to correct hdmi, but it doesn't works.
Any idea about it?

Thanks for all answers, and sorry for bad english! Smile
Second problem:

What are you sending your Audio to? Av-receiver ? TV ?
What brand?
What audio chipset do you have, which drivers do you use.

Most likely your audio settings in Frodo are not correct. It can cause issues like speeding up video without sound.
Hello, thanks for answer.

My setup is:

HTPC with HDMI OUT (Sv Sapphire Hd6450 2G Ddr3)
--> HDMI IN to Yamaha rx-a820 to HDMI OUT
--> HDMI IN to Toshiba TV (55WL768)

So audio is piloted by receiver, that sends video to tv.

Audio drivers are the one provided by ati, i've installed last release from ATI website.

What settings do i have to check on frodo?

Thanks alot
For you audio problems refer to the sticky http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=146911

I would suggest checking what Supported formats in Windows reports to make sure your system is able to pass DTS-HD.
(2013-02-25, 13:25)jjd-uk Wrote: For you audio problems refer to the sticky http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=146911

I would suggest checking what Supported formats in Windows reports to make sure your system is able to pass DTS-HD.

I've read it, and everything is supported, and as said at first post, if i start the video on VLC on windows desktop it goes fluid with dts-hd fully functional
In that case you'll need to post a debug log showing you trying to play something that is causing problems.
ok, i'll post that tonight, thanks for now! Smile
(2013-02-25, 11:16)Leviand Wrote: Second problem, it's about DTS-HD: i have files with DTS-HD , but when i start them under xbmc the video goes faster (seems 2x speed), and there's no audio.
You need to make sure to select WASAPI in Frodo audio output as shown below, and here are more tips- Simplify XBMC configurations......

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Ok, i've fixed the problem, prolly some configuration under video settings was not correct.
The problem now is different: with very big files, the signal sometimes disappear, seems like is buffering (i've tested it on local hard disk, so we can exclude LAN bandwidth problems).

While playing any video with 1080p + dts-hd , the avr turn on and off the dts-hd's led.
Seems that the signal to avr blinks...
i have a intel core 2 duo E6550 @ 2.33ghz , and 2gb of ram... can be a cpu problem? I think is powerful enough ...

Thanks
I've done a video so you can better understand what i mean,when audio blinks the avr turns off DTS HD led...

(2013-02-25, 21:40)Leviand Wrote: Ok, i've fixed the problem, prolly some configuration under video settings was not correct.
The problem now is different: with very big files, the signal sometimes disappear, seems like is buffering (i've tested it on local hard disk, so we can exclude LAN bandwidth problems).

While playing any video with 1080p + dts-hd , the avr turn on and off the dts-hd's led.
Seems that the signal to avr blinks...
i have a intel core 2 duo E6550 @ 2.33ghz , and 2gb of ram... can be a cpu problem? I think is powerful enough ...

Thanks
It appears that audio output in Windows and Frodo still not properly configured...and another thing- have you update the latest AMD driver for Sapphire Hd6450 from here- AMD Driver Autodetect?

CPU and RAM should be able to handle 1080p+dts-hd....
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2013-02-25, 11:16)Leviand Wrote: The first is about database (or that's what i'm suppose): i have a tv-show (Spartacus), which is correctly parsed by xbmc, with this structure:

Spartacus (folder)
---> Season 1 (folder)
---> Spartacus.S01E01.mkv (file)

The problem is that xbmc duplicates the list while opening it, so i have 2x of each episode on tv-show section. Spartacus section and season section is ok, only episodes are duplicated.
Yesterday i've tryed a refresh, and result is that now i have everything 3x instead of 2x ... Confused

A few things

try a clean library to see if that gets rid of the extra episodes.
How are your sources set up
post a debug log (wiki) from when you scrape the library or refresh the episode
Openelec on ASRock ION 330 / Kodi on Win 7 PC
(2013-02-25, 23:38)bluray Wrote: It appears that audio output in Windows and Frodo still not properly configured...and another thing- have you update the latest AMD driver for Sapphire Hd6450 from here- AMD Driver Autodetect?

CPU and RAM should be able to handle 1080p+dts-hd....

I've installed driver exactly from that Driver autodetect, i confirm that i have last driver installed...
The strange thing is that if i stream 720p video with DTS-HD audio it goes fluid... any idea?

(2013-02-27, 01:55)rocketpants Wrote: A few things

try a clean library to see if that gets rid of the extra episodes.
How are your sources set up
post a debug log (wiki) from when you scrape the library or refresh the episode

I've found a topic with this query ( select * from path where strContent != '' ), when launched i've found a duplicate on Spartacus's path... i suppose that's the problem, i'll try this evening and i'll update you if this fixes the problem

Very thanks for help guys
Any other ideas? I still have dts-hd problem...
thanks ! Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A couple of problems, need help0