• 1(current)
HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition
click here -> MySQL (wiki)
Quick question, can I install MySQL on my windows PC if it's media sources are smb from an external drive? I could never get it to work. Paused movies would never resume in another room. Thanks for any help.
it doesnt matter what computer you have your mysql on as long as its lan accessible, and your advancedsettings.xml is setup correctly it should work. you also have to stop the movie so the database has a time stamp, you can then resume the stopped (not paused) movie from any other location sharing that database.
This guide does not cover the synchronization of thumbnails. Currently I am using rsync to make sure the Thumbnails directory is in sync between my XBMC master and my ATV2 clients. This worked perfectly on Eden, but with Frodo I need to additionally sync Textures13.db, but even after doing this I need to restart XBMC on the ATV clients in order for the Thumbnails to show up.

I feel this is a step in the wrong direction and I'm hoping I'm missing some crucial point that would make it easier.
(2013-02-28, 03:26)SandmanCL Wrote: This guide does not cover the synchronization of thumbnails. Currently I am using rsync to make sure the Thumbnails directory is in sync between my XBMC master and my ATV2 clients. This worked perfectly on Eden, but with Frodo I need to additionally sync Textures13.db, but even after doing this I need to restart XBMC on the ATV clients in order for the Thumbnails to show up.

I feel this is a step in the wrong direction and I'm hoping I'm missing some crucial point that would make it easier.

Its a Wiki page so update it yourself! The guide is good, you probably just want to add the bit about substituting Masterprofile's path to Thumbnails.
When doing this, I lose the TV and Movie buttons on the Home Window. I have to go into Videos>Files>TV.... Is this correct, or did I do something wrong? That's a pain. Using the UPnP settings, I can keep those buttons on my main box and just go through all this on the extra boxes.
Hi Eddie,

How are you sharing the files to the other xbmc's? You will need to set up SMB or similar and have the sources added to all XBMC's in the same way, even on the local machine.

Once you have done this you can then scan the library again and it will bring up the 'TV SHOWS' and 'MOVIES' on all of the XBMC installs.

hope this helps.
My HTPC - | Ubuntu 12.04 | XBMC 12.0 Frodo | SilverStone LC20B | Asus F1A75-M PRO FM1 | AMD A8-3870 3.0GHZ | Nvidia Ge Force GT 430 | Corsair CMX4GX3M2A1600C9 4GB | Antec 520W ATX NEO 520C ECO PSU | 64GB Corsair SSD | 5 x 2TB Green HDD | HD Homerun | Hauppauge MCE Remote Control Kit USB | Astraweb Usenet | SABnzbd+ | CouchPotato | SickBeard
Right now to add the videos on my secondary boxes I go to Videos>Files>Add Videos>Browse>UPnP Devices and then go to my main box's files. Everything is synced that way, but on my secondary boxes I don't have 'TV SHOWS' or 'MOVIES'. I added the folders to my favorites and go in that way. It works to sync everything, but I'd much rather have the buttons on my home screen.

(2013-03-05, 01:30)mccarneychris Wrote: Hi Eddie,

How are you sharing the files to the other xbmc's? You will need to set up SMB or similar and have the sources added to all XBMC's in the same way, even on the local machine.

Once you have done this you can then scan the library again and it will bring up the 'TV SHOWS' and 'MOVIES' on all of the XBMC installs.

hope this helps.

Set up the SMB with MYSql, right? I've followed the instructions exactly, twice and it I don't have those buttons on my home screen. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.
I am wanting to do this via Mysql option on ubuntu 12.04 however I am on an atv1 for my main home theater with eden and my 3 x atv2 are on frodo (bedrooms). It shows on the wiki that all the boxes have to be on the same build.

any work around? Has anyone tried to sync a box on eden and frodo?
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
(2013-02-28, 03:26)SandmanCL Wrote: This guide does not cover the synchronization of thumbnails. Currently I am using rsync to make sure the Thumbnails directory is in sync between my XBMC master and my ATV2 clients. This worked perfectly on Eden, but with Frodo I need to additionally sync Textures13.db, but even after doing this I need to restart XBMC on the ATV clients in order for the Thumbnails to show up.

Because the step is not required for Frodo and is highly discouraged. Syncing textures13.db is not required.
(2013-03-07, 19:20)rflores2323 Wrote: I am wanting to do this via Mysql option on ubuntu 12.04 however I am on an atv1 for my main home theater with eden and my 3 x atv2 are on frodo (bedrooms). It shows on the wiki that all the boxes have to be on the same build.

any work around? Has anyone tried to sync a box on eden and frodo?

Simply not possible.
What am I doing wrong !?

Code:
mysql> show databases;
+--------------------+
| Database           |
+--------------------+
| information_schema |
| master usermusic32 |
| master uservideo75 |
| mysql              |
| performance_schema |
| test               |
+--------------------+
6 rows in set (0.08 sec)

mysql> select count(*) from master uservideo75.movie;
ERROR 1046 (3D000): No database selected
mysql> select count(*) from master uservideo75.tvshow;
mysql> select count(*) from master usermusic32;
mysql>

The databases appear to have been made, but I cannot get a count from them.

Help!
Is MySQL 5.6 still off limits for us? I see it has been updated since the wiki...

MySQL with smb is so slow on my win8x64 4gb ram PC. Xbmc opens fine but then it locks up occasionally.
(2013-03-19, 23:39)Tyler Durden Wrote: What am I doing wrong !?

Code:
mysql> show databases;
+--------------------+
| Database           |
+--------------------+
| information_schema |
| master usermusic32 |
| master uservideo75 |
| mysql              |
| performance_schema |
| test               |
+--------------------+
6 rows in set (0.08 sec)

mysql> select count(*) from master uservideo75.movie;
mysql> select count(*) from master uservideo75.tvshow;
mysql> select count(*) from master usermusic32;
mysql>

The databases appear to have been made, but I cannot get a count from them.

Help!

you have a space on your database name? is that suppose to work?

i was wondering: why does the wiki guide doesn't say the user can simply export the SQLite database and import it on MySQL...

I mean it took me 15 min to do it after i got tired of fussing around with Import/Export database...
(2013-03-20, 21:24)SchattenMann Wrote: i was wondering: why does the wiki guide doesn't say the user can simply export the SQLite database and import it on MySQL...

I mean it took me 15 min to do it after i got tired of fussing around with Import/Export database...

Didn't know it was an option. Can you tell me more about the steps involved?
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition2