• 17(current)
HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition
Please can someone help. I am getting user access denied issues even though I have granted full rights to the user 'xbmc'

If I use the advansedsettings.xml. I cannot import my video database and the Movie tab isn't visible.

All video paths are added by using SMB shares.

Here is my debug log.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6y9jeuxa8w3gt5d/xbmc.log
(2014-06-27, 07:19)Aquarius Wrote: the NAS mysqld process takes 100%CPU during the indexing, so I'll wait before it's complete to judge anything Smile

Conclusion: the NAS is to blame. 10-15s at 100%CPU during a request for album list or artist list or just going to the musique library.
Thanks again for your help.
(2014-06-27, 13:59)getafix Wrote: Please can someone help. I am getting user access denied issues even though I have granted full rights to the user 'xbmc'

If I use the advansedsettings.xml. I cannot import my video database and the Movie tab isn't visible.

All video paths are added by using SMB shares.

Here is my debug log.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6y9jeuxa8w3gt5d/xbmc.log

Your log shows xbmc connecting to the mysql server, which then denies it access. As your advancedsettings.xml looks right, it must be that your permissions on the mysql server are wrong. I'd start by deleting the xbmc user, and setting it up again from scratch.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Hi all, Thanks for this step by step but still got 1 isseu hopefully you can help me out.

I have 2 computers using MySQL databse but I can't get resume point working.
I want stop downstairs and play from where it stopped when I'm upstairs.

Here is my Advancedsettings.xml:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <videodatabase>
    <type>mysql</type>
    <host>192.168.0.99</host>
    <port>3306</port>
    <user>xbmc</user>
    <pass>xbmc</pass>
  </videodatabase>
  <musicdatabase>
    <type>mysql</type>
    <host>192.168.0.99</host>
    <port>3306</port>
    <user>xbmc</user>
    <pass>xbmc</pass>
  </musicdatabase>
  <videolibrary>
    <importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate>
    <importresumepoint>true</importresumepoint>
  </videolibrary>
  <video>
      <latency>
        <delay>0</delay>
        <refresh>
          <min>23</min>
          <max>24</max>
        </refresh>
      </latency>
      <playcountminimumpercent>85</playcountminimumpercent>
      <ignoresecondsatstart>60</ignoresecondsatstart>
      <ignorepercentatend>15</ignorepercentatend>
  </video>
</advancedsettings>

I thought that these settings would be enough to write the end/pause status to the MySQL database instead of locally.
playcountminimumpercent, ignoresecondsatstart, ignorepercentatend

What am I doing wrong ?
No settings in my advancedsettings.xml to make stop/resume work correctly. BTW, your post says "end/pause status". You can't pause a movie and resume it on a different system, you have to STOP the movie and then play it on your other XBMC instance, when you should be prompted if you want to continue from xx:xx or start from beginning.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
@BartusKN - are both your XBMC clients on exactly the same version of XBMC?

Different versions of XBMC can use different database versions which means that updates saved in one database aren't visible to another client using a different database version.

Check that both clients are using the same database version, and that you haven't upgraded one client to a newer version of XBMC (eg. testing purposes).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2014-07-20, 11:58)black_eagle Wrote: No settings in my advancedsettings.xml to make stop/resume work correctly. ... beginning.

Ah that is was I meant yes, and I was using STOP but still isn't recognised with other system. The prompted timestamps are not corresponding.

(2014-07-20, 12:11)Milhouse Wrote: @BartusKN - are both your XBMC clients on exactly the same version of XBMC?

Different versions of XBMC can use different ... purposes).

No one XBMC is 13.0 Alpha 9 and the other is 13.1 but as far as I know those use same databases. That I've checked before posting here. All installs are fresh, and I use MySQL 5.5 on Windows 7 and the other is Ubuntu server on my Intel Nuc.

grr, just did second check and noticed that the fresh install on the Nuc has been upgraded. So there I've got 14 alpha 1.

Whats best now? Upgrade main computer or reinstall Nuc with fresh 13.1 ? Thanks in advance.
Up to you, stick with 13.x on both if you want stability, or 14-alpha on both if you're happy to live on the bleeding edge.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Thanks for coming back so quick. Think I will stick with 13.x. Do I have to delete those newly created databases as well just in case ?
Yes, I would, otherwise you might have problems upgrading databases in future.
(2013-03-28, 03:29)Birdincamera Wrote: Have this set up as per Howtogeek and it works ok, however it states you can have this work with a MySQL server that is always on or nearly always on. Being a green kiind of person I have set my server (also the TV server) to sleep after x minutes and my clients to send a WOL magic packet to wake the server, epg gets updated and I am up and running in about 10 seconds. If the server is on when XBMC is launched (at start up), then the database is updated, however if the server is asleep, XBMC hangs - I figure because xbmc is trying to query the database before a WOL is sent (using Advanced Wake On LAN) but the server is asleep.

Is there any way to delay the query until after the WOL magic packet is sent and the server is up.

Was this ever resolved?

I'm on 13.1 using FireTV

Wake on lan works if I do not have a shared library
When using a shared library if the server is running XBMC loads and works great
When using a shared library if the server is sleeping XBMC just shows a black screen for about a minute and then it exits
Hello. I have a not typical problem: I would like to sync two SQL databases through internet. I have Synology NAS at home and syncing for different rooms works perfect. I am trying to sync or to use this SQL database in another place (let say Home 2) through internet. I establishing VPN connection to my home, I use my home IP address (I mean internal LAN address) in advancedsettings.xml for using home SQL database in Home 2. But it works very very slow. At Home 2 I also have a Synology NAS. Is there a solution to create database in Home 2 and then sync this database with home?
I don't know but just a guess that this might work...If Synology has, or you can find, a backup program maybe you could have it backup the files from Home1 to Home2 on a scheduled basis?
(2015-02-10, 17:51)flhthemi Wrote: I don't know but just a guess that this might work...If Synology has, or you can find, a backup program maybe you could have it backup the files from Home1 to Home2 on a scheduled basis?

Thank you for reply. Yes, Synology have a backup/sync program, but it works only with user "home folders"...
What is the recommended MySQL version to use currently? Will v5.6.23 work? Running Kodi 14.1 on AFTV boxes.

Thanks
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition2