HOW-TO:Share libraries using MySQL: Wiki Edition

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Milhouse Offline
Team-Kodi Member
5.5.46 should work with stable releases, yes.

Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(This post was last modified: 2015-12-02 16:16 by Milhouse.)
find quote
Rhys15 Offline
(2015-12-02 16:15)Milhouse Wrote:  5.5.46 should work with stable releases, yes.

5.5.46 or 5.6.x? Not sure if you mistyped that...
find quote
flhthemi Offline
Fan
Either, I'm using 5.6.x no problems with it and 15.2
find quote
Concestly Offline
Thanks for sharing. It would be great to share thumbnails. I understand that thumbnail libraries can grow rapidly over time. Right now I am swamped but will try to take a look at it. But my preference would still be local management of thumbnails which will greatly help with performance and interface fluidity. How does thumbnail sharing perform on your Windows setup? But definitely worth trying.
find quote
Milhouse Offline
Team-Kodi Member
(2015-12-03 15:50)Concestly Wrote:  Thanks for sharing. It would be great to share thumbnails.

No, it really wouldn't.

Thumbnails are a local resource for a very good reason - performance mainly, but also the potentially different hardware characteristics of each client which makes sharing a single cached thumbnail between multiple disparate clients impossible at worst, undesirable at best.

(2015-12-03 15:50)Concestly Wrote:  I understand that thumbnail libraries can grow rapidly over time. Right now I am swamped but will try to take a look at it. But my preference would still be local management of thumbnails which will greatly help with performance and interface fluidity.

There are scripts and addons that can help you keep on top of Texture Cache bloat. Scheduling the script in my sig to run monthly and "prune" the cache of each client should keep things in check. Run it more frequently if you find it's still a problem.

(2015-12-03 15:50)Concestly Wrote:  How does thumbnail sharing perform on your Windows setup? But definitely worth trying.

Don't even waste your time trying.

Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(This post was last modified: 2015-12-04 17:39 by Milhouse.)
find quote
Raytestrak Offline
Donor
I use this addon for texture maintenance. I just run it every now and then, i.e. after deleting a bunch of stuff.

Don't know if it's still the case, but xbmc used to be a black hole for textures. All images it processed, even local ones (never understood that one), were cached in the thumbnail cache.
The only (?) exclusion is the skin folder. Those images aren't cached. That's why I have symlinks for my conditional weather and my pictures (30GB+) to prevent massive growth of my textures folder.

Kodibuntu on an Intel NUC (DC3217IYE). Onkyo NR-717. Canton Movie CD-1000. LG 42LM760S

If it ain't broke: break it, fix it, repeat
find quote
rpjd Offline
Has anyone tried keeping their MySQL database on AWS? I'm running OSMC/Isengard on a Raspberry Pi 2 and I set up an Amazon RDS instance (which gives me better reliability, snapshots, etc). However, in Kodi, the metadata and thumbnails don't show up. I ran Update Library and I see the scraper recognizing my files, but it doesn't stick. (I have all necessary privileges on the database.)
find quote
Milhouse Offline
Team-Kodi Member
debug log (wiki) ?

find quote