WIP Skin video backdrops
Yes, resource is only available on kodi jarvis (nightlie release).
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
(2015-10-13, 21:19)Wanilton Wrote: Yes, resource is only available on kodi jarvis (nightlie release).

Ok, thank you. You initially wrote Helix so that was the misunderstanding.

Waiting for a stable release of Jarvis I was in fact looking for an alternative and I found this thread. But I didn't have success in playing a video as background using the proposed metod/modification...

I will wait for some advise from the author then.

Have a nice evening!
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
In case you found useful my work, feel free to offer me a cappuccino!
The feature was merged about a week ago, so any nightly should work with it.

Jarvis is pretty stable already hopefully Wink
(2015-10-15, 10:06)zag Wrote: The feature was merged about a week ago, so any nightly should work with it.

Jarvis is pretty stable already hopefully Wink

Thanks zad for your answer!

No way to have a workaround to enable video background in the current release Isengard? Is just a skin feature (i.e. Confluence) or involves some other parts of Kodi?

I was thinking to replace the "skin.confluence" of Isengard with the one of Jarvis..........tell me if it is a stupid reasoning!!! Wink

Edit: Just tried the last nightly...If I'm not wrong background videos are not supported but just animated gif (may be png...); Am I right?
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
No sorry we only backport fixes to Isengard, not new features.

And yes its only Animated Gifs in Jarvis.
(2015-10-13, 18:57)Wanilton Wrote: @axlt2002, Kodi jarvis now have support for animated background, using animated gif.
That is nice but support for Animated GIFs (or APNG) images is still not the same as video backdrops.

The difference that video backdrop support could make is discussed here http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=141442

Both are good in different ways, and this thread is specifically dicussing video backdrop support.

(2015-10-15, 10:46)axlt2002 Wrote: Edit: Just tried the last nightly...If I'm not wrong background videos are not supported but just animated gif (may be png...); Am I right?
You are right. Only support for Animated GIFs have been added to Jarvis so far, and I don't think anyone is working on video backdrop support.
(2015-10-15, 12:54)RockerC Wrote: You are right. Only support for Animated GIFs have been added to Jarvis so far, and I don't think anyone is working on video backdrop support.

It was actually PR'd but rejected due to using old parts of FFMpeg that were going to be depreciated.
(2015-10-15, 13:49)zag Wrote:
(2015-10-15, 12:54)RockerC Wrote: You are right. Only support for Animated GIFs have been added to Jarvis so far, and I don't think anyone is working on video backdrop support.

It was actually PR'd but rejected due to using old parts of FFMpeg that were going to be depreciated.

Mmmmmm, ok...but that is a pity since it was something really working. The reason is that with new FFMpeg it would have not worked? No ways to smoothly adapt the changes done for the video backdrops to the new FFMpeg?

Personally I'm a supporter of the video instead of the animated gifs, essentially for the quality as well as the hugest availability of resources...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skin video backdrops1