Video Control during playback
Can someone confirm if this is possible and point me in the right direction for how to make it work. I'm working on a PseudoTV skin and what I want to be able to do is show a small video screen of the currently playing video while browsing the guide. I looked into Videocontrol but it seems like that may only apply to the GUI. Below is an example from DirecTV of what I would like it to look like, essentially you would click the enter key to bring up the Guide and the video would play in the upper corner.

You need to define a videowindow control in your xml file

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Video_Control
I tried doing that, am I mistaken in thinking that setting can only be used in the GUI?
Presumably you have an XML file defining the layout of the guide, you would add the control in there.

We do it in our TVCatchup add on, see here:

http://plugins.tvcatchup.com/~xbmc/scree...hot056.png

(I know it looks like it but it isn't a thumnail, it does play the streaming video)
Thank you! I'll take a look at it when I have some more time, it might be the fact that I'm not a coder and I'm basically using the default PTV skin and modifying the layout and images as well as trying to add some additional code. I'm having difficulty understanding id tags and how some of the default code is communicating.

For example, when I want to add Show Title I would do <label>$INFO[Player.Title]</label> but in the default label it is just <label>Show Title</label> and it is pulling correctly because I think it has something to do with the id tag associated with it. I can't figure out how the id tags are linked and what file is controlling them. If I delete a control with an id tag from the default config the whole program doesn't run, maybe I need to read more into it though. Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again.
Alright, so I figured out some more information about the id control tags. I didn't realize that they were integrated into the python files for the program. This is going to make things a lot easier, however do you know if using videowindow is something that has to be done in the python file or presumably it should work just by editing the xml file? I'm not real profecient with python so I think that might be too far over my head.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Control during playback0