Updating OpenElec Manually
So i had openelec set to auto update and yesterday, it downloaded the update and asked me to reboot.. on reboot it tried to do it again..
I remember being told that auto updates dont work when you have the install on a USB stick so i've gone to do it manually but there isn't enough space to copy the update files to the update folder Sad

I'm guessing that somewhere on the PI, the download it did is sat there in the way.. any ideas where it might be so i can get rid of it?
Not sure why you don't have enough space as the Update folder should be mounted on your ext4 partition which I'm assuming has plenty of space. Plus, after the initial auto-update it should delete the update files so your Update folder should be empty.

However, if you are booting from USB (have boot=/dev/sda1 in cmdline.txt) then if you copy the update files to your Update folder the update will still not work correctly.

When booting from USB (or SMB, or NFS) and using the stock OpenELEC build you have to use a PC to extract the files from the OpenELEC package and transfer the kernel/firmware files to your SD card, and the SYSTEM file to your USB FAT partition.

Switch to rbej builds if you want functioning NFS/SMB/USB auto-update (you need to perform a PC update the first time, extracting files from the Rbej package).

If you are not "booting" from USB (your boot option is set to /dev/mmcblk0p1) then the stock OpenELEC auto-update process should be working for you
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Updating OpenElec Manually0